jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. LailaK profile image79
    LailaKposted 4 years ago

Is spanking okay? Should it be illegal? Have you been spanked when you were a child? Did it have any benefit on you? What do you think of it?

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Spanking is fine and shouldn't be made illegal, but it should never be used on children or anybody else who doesn't consent.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like the way you think! lol

2. Eliminate Cancer profile image61
    Eliminate Cancerposted 4 years ago

I don't know that I equate spanking with child abuse.  I don't think it should be illegal, and it would be impossible to enforce if it was. 

That said, my kids are responsible, helpful, respectful kids and I never needed to spank them. 

Most kids want to make their parents happy, there's no reason to spank.

3. Shanna11 profile image91
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

I was spanked as a kid....quite frequently actually. I was a brat. The humiliation was worse than any momentary sting, and I remember that the most. It was knowing that your parent- the one you just wanted to please, was disappointed in you. I had messed up, and now my siblings were going to hear about my punishment... it put me on the straight and narrow, let me tell you. I deserved every spanking I got. I'll probably swat my own kids if they misbehave, but not to the extent my parents spanked me. It was too humiliating. It was effective for me though and I turned out just fine.

4. 0
    idratherbeposted 4 years ago

I see nothing wrong with spankings. Perhaps if more parents used spanking as a disciplanary means, we wouldn't have so many kids out of control.