Project X hypothetical question

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago

If you haven't seen the movie, this question will have spoilers.  However, let's pretend you leave your house on your honeymoon with your spouse.  You leave your son/daughter alone, and they throw a party while you're gone.  The party gets so out of control that not only are the police called in to stop it, but it results in your house and the entire neighborhood burning down.  Now, the three kids in the movie don't learn anything in the end; even though it bankrupts thomas' parents.  No, the only consequence they ever endure for their actions is that they become popular.  that's all. 

In fact, the father doesn't even seem that mad at all in the movie, as he seems more PROUD of his son for pulling this off rather than mad.

Now, if you were in his position, how would you feel?  Would you be proud of your son/daughter for throwing such a kick a** party that it results in you becoming literally bankrupt over the next fifty years or so?  Or would you be disappointed?  What are your thoughts?

1. roxanne459 profile image93
      roxanne459posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can't even express in words how angry and disappointed I would be in my kids' actions! You can bet the bank that there would be some serious consequences though!

2. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 4 years ago

Gee, are those really the choices???? I think I'd send my own kid to jail.  They don't belong out on the street if they're capable of doing that much damage.