jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Question about pregnancy

1. Captain Redbeard profile image59
    Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago

I'm having a difficult time googling the right terms to get the information I need. Maybe someone out here can help me.

Are there procedures done for the babies benifit in the womb before birth? Besides taking prenatals. I have heard of surgeries done in the womb before but I don't know what they are, they were surgeries for the babies interest and not the mothers though. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have I gotten my information mixed up?

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some terms may be..

intrauterine surgery
      fetal intrauterine surgery
      in utero fetal surgery
      fetal surgery in utero

(not sure if that's what you're looking for)

Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I read them over on Wiki but I don't know that this is what I was looking for either, I have heard of things like blood transfusions and such for babies in the womb and I am wondering if their are other proceedures like that done with the baby in mind and not the mother you know? Like bedrest is usually for baby and mom or just for mom but the blood transfusion is just for baby. I was wondering if their are other things like the blood transfusions done just for babys health.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

Maybe this would be a start:

http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Sit … 891P0.html   You could click on the "advanced fetal care" link there.  There's a bunch of conditions (congenital anomalies, but they could lead to your getting ideas about other conditions, maybe).

If you haven't already done this, maybe try a search on:

intrauterine surgery on the fetus

Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much!

working