My Boyfriend Wants Me To Marry Him Too Soon

1. 59
    gethigherposted 7 years ago

My boyfriend and I have only been together for 6 months and I love him very much but I am only 19 and I am NOT ready to get married. When he first brought it up, I asked him to wait until I turned 21 and he agreed but ever since then he continues to bring it up and make me feel guilty for making him wait. Am I such a bad person to be cautious? Am I strange for feeling uneasy about getting married so soon and at such a young age? I just want to finish undergraduate school and we can get married before graduate school...what's wrong with that?

2. aanaedwards profile image78
    aanaedwardsposted 7 years ago

No. You are right. Don't get married so soon. Marriage is a big decision. One should get married only when she is mentally ready. The excitement should be there. And as far as i perceive, you are not ready. Enjoy your relationship. Build a career. Till then be together. Know each other. I am 28 and got married this year only. I have live my life well. Got settled in my career. And then finally got married. Getting married so early is not a mature decision. Although I think you are pretty much mature. So convince your boyfriend. Do not hurry. There's a whole life ahead.

1. mhei profile image78
      mheiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree!  You may love your boyfriend so much but it's too early to tell. You will still have a lot of things store for you.  There are people marrying at such an early age that really works.  But more often than not, tying the knots too early would make you regret your decision in the future.  Think about it not just twice, think about it multiple times. Enjoy your life while you still can.  Better to be stable than being miserable for the rest of your life smile