jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Family Stick Figure car decals. Dangerous?

1. kcsummers profile image79
    kcsummersposted 4 years ago

What's your opinion about the cute car decals that depict a family in adorable stick figures? I worry they could lead a pedophile to children, ("um, a little baseball player") a burglar or rapist to the home of a single mother, letting the world know you have no watchdog, etc? Is it "TMI" or am I just paranoid?

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

I don't know if you're paranoid about that but some of those Stick Men out there are really dangerous! Luckily we have Mark Ewbie here who has a vast understanding of how Stick Men think and act!  smile

3. FreezeFrame34 profile image86
    FreezeFrame34posted 4 years ago

I too think it's too much information, especially when they have the child's name, their school, and the activities they are involved in, right on the back of their minivan.

Although, I might just be paranoid too.

You won't see me driving around with my stick figure family on my wheels!

Excellent question, though; I have pondered it myself.

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Are you serious? Family stick figures are just that. They are drawings of stick figures. If there are family oriented stick figure car decals which represent a family and/or car, then how in the world did you make a connection between those and some of the most sickest people on the planet?

5. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Mine has two adults three children followed by 3 dogs. Anyone thinking of breaking in our house would hopefully decide against it since we have 3 dogs. Other than our favorite football team we have no other decals on the back. I don't think too much about it. One of those 3 dogs is a trained attack dog and we own guns. So I guess I just have never thought of it as something to worry about.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I think the idea that pedophiles may target a family based on the stick-figure stickers on the back of their car is a bit of a stretch...

I almost never give those stickers much thought except for once, when I noticed a car whose "husband" sticker had obviously been removed from the group. I guess Mom and Dad had gotten a divorce!