jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Should family pictures be posted on hubs

1. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Looking for your input. I'm on the fence. With all I'm reading about pictures being altered for alternative means and possibly abductions (if names are below the pictures)is it wise? Plus once posted are they there forever or can they be deleted? Maybe I answered my own question, not worth the risk!

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

It is an individual choice to make the decision you are inquiring about.

Personally, I don't post pictures of my family. I have posted pictures of myself, but have no need or reason to post that of family.

My facebook account is attached to a couple of my family members(nieces), but that's about it.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

I have family pictures from a lot of generations. I use the older pictures, and I don't identify anyone who's still alive. I wouldn't post anything from about 1960 to the present. There are just too many crazies trolling online.

1. 0
      screamingposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I tend to agree, not a good idea with all the crazies out there!

4. FreezeFrame34 profile image84
    FreezeFrame34posted 4 years ago

I've posted a few pictures, but then wanted to retract them.

Unfortunately, there is no way to totally erase them once people start using them on facebook, pinterest, and/or google.

I wanted to use some cute photographs in my hubs, but then realized too late that they are considered google free images, and even though I changed them, the photos remain on the "web".

I started adding a personalized watermark on my photos, but still, that doesn't prevent people from using them without your permission or worse.....

If you are worried about it, then I wouldn't use them...Better safe than sorry!