jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Texas gun range to host children’s birthday parties

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Texas gun range to host children’s birthday parties
    By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow – Mon, Jun 4, 2012

A new gun range opening this summer in Lewisville, Texas, will have two rooms available for hosting children's birthday parties. Owner David Prince tells WFAA that the Eagle Gun Range will be available for children as young as eight years old.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/te … 22318.html
    Only in Texas? I bet not....

1. shea duane profile image80
      shea duaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I grew up in NM and I will always, for the rest of my life, associate gun ranges with drinking booze. Maybe things are different now (I grew in in the 60s and 70s) but every time I ever visited a gun range in NM or TX, most of the adults were wasted. Has this culture changed? (I'm not saying it hasn't... maybe it has. I hope so).

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I don't see a problem, so long as the kids remain safe.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I am not sure that I see the problem.  I assume the two activities are basically unrelated from the POV of the customers. They would be in separate areas on the same property. Not kids mixing in with the other users.

4. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Some of my favorite times with my stepfather as a child occurred at a gun/archery range.

5. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

Ya gotta love Texas, as long as they aren't using the kids for target practice, I don't see anything wrong with the gun range hosting children's birthday parties. wink

6. Charles James profile image85
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

If you regard guns as an acceptable hobby or as a necessity in today's world, then why not introduce children to guns in a safe environment?

7. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Not being a hunter, what is the age to get a hunter's class diploma? If older, why would it be necessary to train 8 year olds with a gun? Are they old enough to respect the firearm? I don't know? Looking for input.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's not about training an 8 year old to use a gun. It's about a Gun Range hosting kids birthday parties. hmm

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

When a couple of my grandkids hear about this, they'll want their birthday parties at shooting ranges! lol. I don't think you can begin teaching firearm safety early enough.

In GA, any age can hunt. Those under the age of 12 have to be under the supervision of an adult. 12 and older can hunt without an adult.