jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think of "Baby Yoga"?

1. backporchstories profile image85
    backporchstoriesposted 4 years ago

Latest shocking youtube video is of a Russian woman teaching other parents how to do baby yoga with their infants.  The Russian woman says that swinging the baby by arms and feet in certain ways is highly beneficial to the baby.  Yet when you see the demonstration, you can not help but wonder how the infant brain can handle the blood rush to the head and what about the neck that is still developing muscles.  This is close to becoming shaken syndrome.  What are your thoughts!

backporchstoriesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

REALLY....Has no one seen or heard of this that a comment is not warrented.  GOGGLE IT....RUSSIAN WOMAN AND BABY YOGA....People in Russia support this....but there is a big question of medical safety for the baby......GOGGLE IT!

2. kathyjones1952@at profile image61
    kathyjones1952@atposted 4 years ago

I haven't seen this video but that doesn't sound good at all!  I don't have any children but I know it's not good to swing a baby like that!

I saw the clip on the news today...on Doctors.  Since then, youtube has taken the video down but you can goggle russain woman and baby yoga.  Youtube declared it a disqusting video and took it down from their pages.

1. Hublog profile image60
        Hublogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRmBD1I1kM

As they say, it is not ok and can cause brain hambridge and mental retardation.

I know I was concerned when I saw the clip...how could they even think it is okay to swing a baby around like that!

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It doesn't take much shaking to cause damage in an infants developing brain.
    The stimulation from being rocked in a rocking chair is much safer and secure and soothing. It's good that YouTube removed the video.

I agree the video need to be discarded.  Too many gullable people out there who would try it with no direction!  Scary!

working