- 1 lb (97% Lean) Hamburger or Turkey
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 3TBS Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 TBS Ground Cumin
- 1 Large Can (28 ounces) Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced or in Jar minced
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Red Beans, Include the juice in the can
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt, can add more later to taste
- If desired Cayenne Pepper, Add later for taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Can be low fat your choice
- Cook hamburger in fry pan by breaking it up with spatula in small pieces until it is gray in color, don't brown it or it will get hard. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Saute in 1 tsp butter, red bell pepper, onion and garlic 3-5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften up. Add Chili Powder and Cumin and stir over low heat for about a minute.
- In a large pot add the cooked Hamburger, the pepper/chili powder/cumin mixture, tomatoes and red beans, add 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper stir together and bring to a boil. Turn down heat to a simmer (very low boil) for about 20 minutes. Taste during this cooking time to see if more salt or pepper is needed according to your taste. If you want your chili hotter to taste, add a tsp of Cayenne Pepper and stir it in. Be careful let the chili cook for a few minutes and taste before adding more Cayenne. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the heat to kick in.
- Serve while Chili is still hot, put in bowl and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese or a cheese you prefer over the top and it will start melting on its own from the hot chili. Enjoy.
More by this Author
Keep your eyes to the sky when at all possible, you don't know what you are missing!
The skills of an abuser.
This soup is very hardy and delicious. Men love the flavor. You would not know it is healthy and easy to prepare.
No comments yet.