10 Favorite Festival Foods
Spring marks the onset of festival season in many places. No matter where you live, there's a good chance that you'll find many opportunities to attend outdoor festival events that are filled with various types of exhibits, celebrations, and vendors marketing various types of food treats from portable concession stands. While you might not find the healthiest of fare at these types of events, you'll certainly find many different tasty treats. Why not indulge very once in a while?
10 Favorite Festival Food Items
- Blooming Onion – If you enjoy onion rings, you are sure to be delighted when you see a blooming onion vendor at the next festival or fair you attend. You'll probably want to share this item with at least one other person, since blooming onions tend to be quite large. Be sure to ask for a side of ketchup or ranch dressing to make the most of your snack.
- Boiled Peanuts – If you love hot, fresh boiled peanuts, festivals are a great place to find your favorite treat.
- Burgers – Most festivals include at least one vendor that offers freshly grilled hamburgers with all the "fixings".
- Chicken On a Stick – A common sight at just about any outdoor festival is people walking around eating giant pieces of fried chicken on a stick. While this doesn't sound particularly appetizing, chicken on a stick is actually a quite tasty treat. You can enjoy it plain or dip it in barbecue sauce, ranch, or honey mustard dressing depending on what the food vendor you visit has available.
- Corn Dogs – At festivals, you can often find regular size or foot long corn dogs, freshly cooked in hot grease and served with your choice of mustard and ketchup.
- Curly Fries – Love the flavor of fresh, hot fries? You'll likely find at least one vendor at the next festival you attend that offers large cups filled with this delicious treat. You can often add your own salt and other flavorings from the condiment cart.
- Funnel Cakes – What festival would be complete without one or more vendors providing sweet and delicious funnel cakes. These tasty spiral concoctions of sweet, deep friend dough taste best when they are severed hot and are topped off with a generous dusting of confectioner's sugar.
- Nachos – Many festival food vendors offer nachos. Typically, these are served as sturdy round tortilla chips paired with nacho cheese sauce for dipping and optional pickled sliced jalapeno peppers.
- Roasted Corn – A delicious treat that can frequently be found at festival events is hot and tasty roasted corn. When you see patrons strolling by munching on whole cobs of corn, you can be certain that there is a roasted corn vendor nearby.
- Sausage Dogs – Polish sausage sandwiches are popular treats at festivals. Some communities even hold festivals dedicated to this tasty treat, such as the Eberta Sausage Festival held twice each year in Elberta, AL. Topping choices typically include sauerkraut or peppers and onions, as well as regular and brow mustard.
Do you have other favorite festival foods of your own? Feel free to share your suggestions in the comments section below.
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...
No comments yet.