Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less: Twenty Minute Meals
Italian Sausage and Green Beans over Rice
Three Ingredient Meals
Sometimes the best things in life, are the simplest. Looking for something easy to make with ingredients that can easily be found in your kitchen. Try this Italian sausage recipe that has only 3 ingredients.
Not only does this Italian sausage recipe only have three ingredients, but it can be made in under 30 minutes, which is great for people who don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
For those of you who a little more adventurous try making your own home-made Italian sausage, instead of using the store bought sausages.
Rate this Recipe!
- 4 links (lg) Italian Sausage, sliced
- 2 cups Green Beans, frozen
- 3 cups Minute Rice, white
Try using preseasoned sausage or healthy varieties to add spice and flavor
- Cajun Sausage
- Andouille Sausage
- Turkey Sausage
- Beer Braised Sausage
- Slice Italian sausage and place into medium size saucepan. Cook on stove with low-med heat.
- Add frozen green beans to pan with Italian sausage. Cook until sausage is golden brown, approximately 8-10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- While sausage and green beans are cooking, prepare the rice.
- To cook rice, bring 3 cups of water to a boil (Optional: can add margarine and salt to taste). Stir in 3 cups of rice, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for about 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- To plate: spoon rice onto plate, then add a helping of the italian sausage and green beans on top.
Change the Recipe to Suit You!
One of the things I love about this recipe is its versatility. You can add optional ingredients if you don't care about the number of ingredients or you can substitute with different types of sausage to keep it at three ingredients. Here is a list of ingredients that I have added to the recipe at one time or another.
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Onions
- Red Bell Peppers
- Turkey or Chicken Sausage
- Fresh Green Beans
Note: When adding or substituting ingredients you may have to alter the cook time to suit the changes.
Approximate Calorie Count
|Serving size: 8 oz|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 51 g||17%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 25 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other Food and Recipe Hubs by Novel Treasure
- Cuts of Beef: What are the Different Types of Beef
What are the different cuts of beef? What are the different types of these cuts? How do I cook Chuck Roast? Answers to these questions and more.
- Quick and easy appetizers - Simple mini stuffed pepp...
Need a quick and easy appetizer for that potluck at work? Want a simple holiday recipe to surprise your guests? Try this super easy mini stuffed peppers recipe. Requires no baking or cooking.
More by this Author
What is Sushi? What are the ingredients used in Sushi. Find out the different types of sushi and the ingredients used to make each type.
Roast Beef Christmas Dinner Recipe. Ideas for Christmas Dinner. What to serve for Christmas Dinner. Need a Roast Beef recipe for Christmas Dinner. Try this delicious Christmas roast beef recipe. Ingredients list and...
What is Morse Code? Is it still used today? Find out who is credited for inventing morse code and the importance of it.