5-2 Diet Recipe; Thai Green Chicken Curry and Rice
The ultimate classic Thai Green Chicken Curry, easy to prepare, 20 minutes to cook, totally delicious and only 245 calories - perfect for the 5:2 Diet.
.... follow me on Pinterest for lots more fabulous recipes
This is a very delicious, easy to make Thai Green Chicken Curry I'm sure you and your family will love, the curry itself comes in at a very low 245 calories which is half the amount of the calories allotted on your fasting day leaving you room for rice or if you're anything like me I prefer a garlic naan bread to accompany this. Just be careful to check the calories on the Naan that you buy as some of them are very heavily calorie laden.
450g / 1lb Free Range Chicken Breasts, skinless
200g / 8oz Organic New Potatoes
100g / 4oz Organic Green Beans
400ml can Coconut Milk
1 rounded tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
2 tsp Thai Fish Sauce, also known as Nam Pla
3 Kaffir Lime Leaves, finely shredded
A handful of fresh Basil Leaves
1 Organic Garlic Clove, crushed
1 tbsp Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
1 tsp Caster Sugar
- Cut the new potatoes into chunks and rinse in cold water to get rid of any starch.
- Trim the ends from your green beans and cut into halves.
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes and then pop in the green beans and cook for another 3 minutes and then drain and put aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil until very hot, put in your Thai Green Curry paste and crushed garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Turn down your heat to low to medium and add your coconut milk letting it come up to a gentle bubble.
- Stir in the Nam Pla/Fish Sauce, caster sugar and the chopped chicken breast, cover and simmer this gently for about 8 minutes, longer cooking will make the chicken tough and you want this beautifully tender to complement the velvety sauce.
- Take your reserved potatoes and green beans and add them to the curry to heat through.
- Meanwhile finely shred your Kaffir Lime Leaves and Basil, retaining some for garnishing the finished dish. Note: If you don't have fresh leaves you can use dried crushing them if they are whole.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with the remaining leaves.
If you do your preparation beforehand you will find that the dish will only take about 20 minutes to cook which is quicker than most of today's ready prepared meals and it definitely tastes a hundred times better, plus you know exactly what went into your meal.
I have a foolproof, no mess, no fuss way of cooking rice which you can find on this link and I put the rice on before I start the meal and it is sitting waiting for me to finish making the curry, so no panic to try to time everything. See for yourself on the link below:
- The 5-2 Diet Explained - A Lifestyle Change to Live Longer and Live Healthier
The 5:2 Diet - fasting but not as we know it - definitely more of an easy lifestyle change than a diet and even though it's fasting you eat every single day - try it you'll be very happy you did!
- How to Cook Perfect Rice the Easy Way with No Mess and No Stress
The title of this Hub says it all - how to cook rice the easy way with no mess and no stress.
More by this Author
Looking for simple recipes for an evening meal, then how about this easy warming Beef recipe that is filling and can be prepared in advance - perfect for a cold Winter's day and a hungry family.
Lasagna, glorious, cheesy, meaty lasagna to make you and your family happy and full to bursting.
May's selection of wonderful craft projects that I hope you'll love