Easy 5 Cup Fruit Salad Recipe
By Joan Whetzel
This recipe has been a favorite in my family since I was a kid. Now my kids and grandkids are enjoying it as much as my siblings and I did. It is super simple and perfect for any occasion. Originally, we only brought it out at Easter, but it is a great side dish for weekday dinners, summer picnics, holidays like Christmas or Easter, and birthdays. I included a few alternatives and substitutions to the original recipe so it can be tweaked to suit your family’s tastes.
1 Cup Canned Mandarin Orange Slices, drained
1 Cup Canned Pineapple Chunks, drained
1Cup Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Miniature Marshmallows
1 Cup Sour Cream
Sour Cream Substitutions:
- Light Sour Cream.
- Fat Free Sour Cream
- Plain Yogurt
- Vanilla Yogurt.
- Substitute fresh pineapple for the canned pineapple.
- Substitute fresh mandarin slices, tangerine slices, or clementine slices for the canned mandarin slices.
1. Drain the pineapple and the mandarin oranges. As an alternative, cut fresh pineapple into chunks and separate fresh tangerines, mandarine oranges, or clementines into segments.
2. Measure out 1-Cup of pineapple chunks, mandarin orange slices, sour cream or yogurt, coconut, and miniature marshmallows.
3. Place the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
4. Stir ingredients together.
5. Cover and chill for at least 30 to 60 minutes.
Serves: 4 to 8 people.
More by this Author
Once you're in high school or college, you will be assigned many, many, many essays. The best way to get good grades, then, is to learn how to write essays that will impress your teachers.
Plexiglass and tempered glass are great for using in situations where you don't want broken glass with sharp edges going everywhere. THey have functions and uses that are unique to each type of glass.
Texas Blue Warrants are intended to for parolees who have or are about to violate their parole.
No comments yet.