5 Minute Gluten Free Cheesecake - So Easy, So Good!
Well, I have certainly plumped up while here at home visiting my folks - but I do it all in the name of research! And so I can proudly say that any of my mom's gluten free recipes that I post have been well and truly tested before hand!
Cheesecake, I guess it's kind of hard to make a bad cheesecake, but there are plenty of mediocre recipes floating about, and plenty, to the chagrin of the gluten intolerant among us, that manage to sneak a fair amount of flour into the mix.
Well, here's a 5 minute, couldn't by easier, everyday cheesecake recipe that you takes no forethought, contains no wheat and is very very good.
5 Min Gluten Free Everyday Cheesecake
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages of cream cheese (1 lb in total, and it's easier to work with if you let it soften out of the fridge for an hour or so – but not at all necessary).
- ½ cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of full fat sour cream
- Pre heat the oven to 350
- Mix up the eggs, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a mixer or blender until well incorporated.
- Scrape into a medium pie pan (about 8 inches)
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top has set well
- Right away, while it is still piping hot, spread on your full fat regular sour cream (Cheesecake baking time is not the time to go and start worrying about counting grams of fat). Lower fat sour creams do not spread well, and do not get absorbed by the cooling cheese. The sour cream will stop the cake from cracking.
Let cool and eat, or refrigerate and eat for days and days. This cake actually tastes better the day after baking, making it perfect for an easy entertaining dessert.
I like it topped with some fresh fruit or good homemade jam…and just a little bit more whipped cream on top.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Really Really Good Flourless Chocolate Cake
Comments 29 comments
How to make a gluten free flour mixture
More by this Author
Strawberry coulis is an easy and tasty dessert sauce. Get the recipe and instructions here.
A recipe for gluten-free banana-lemon loaf that my mother makes. This cake is delicious, and you should try it even if you aren't avoiding gluten.
A lot of people have trouble with meat. They like the idea of a great steak, and they have a general notion that the more expensive the steak, the better it is…but more than that…who knows?! I...