5 Ways To Better Enjoy A Barbecue
Home Cooked Barbecue Is So Delicious.
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Barbeque BBQ Recipe Boston Butt
5 Ways To Better Enjoy A Barbecue
Ever since American's in the south began roasting pigs at barbecue parties barbecue has become common all over the USA. For most of the southern population using a grill has become an important part of the cooking life style. Across the United States there are many ways to do a barbecue and each region thinks they have the best way of doing barbecue. Some people barbecue beef and chicken while some people think it has to be pork or nothing. And there are people who will argue with you that no matter what type of barbecue it is that it has to be sliced or chopped. Some people like a sweet sauce while other people want a sauce with a sneaky hot side to it. You can find all kinds of delicious barbecue sauces and you need to try them all to come up with your favorite. If you click that link you'll find recipes for several delicious barbecue sauces.
You can turn your barbecue into a fun family event and create memories that will last a lifetime. Below are 5 ways to better enjoy your next barbecue.
1. And who said that you can only barbecue meat. Did you know that some breads and fruits taste wonderful cooked on the barbecue grill.Try thick slices of pineapple grilled on the grill and served on toasted brown bread spread with cream cheese. Can you say yummy.Core tomatoes and stuff with cream cheese with fine chopped fresh basil in it. Or grill your corn on the cob. There are plenty of other vegetable ideals and don't for get to try grilled bananas drizzled with honey. Serve a heaping spoon of vanilla ice cream over your grilled bananas. Think outside the box. If you think something would taste great on the grill why not give it a try.
2. Try cooking foil wrapped meals. You can put everything inside a tightly wrapped foil bundle and the steam will help to cook the contents quickly. Kids love surprises like foil wrapped meals. Try a foil wrapped meal with an Italian Sausage Link, a cob of corn and a couple of thick potato slices. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and top with a spoon of butter. Try to come up with complete meal ideals for your foil wrapped meals.
3. You know that variety is the spice of life so instead of the same old steaks , hot-dogs , or hamburgers try thick tuna steaks that you have soaked for four hours in Italian Dressing or how about doing a grilled Cajun catfish on the grill. Just take catfish nuggets and soak them in margarine and sprinkle with Cajun Seasoning. Try grilling thin sliced potatoes and brussel sprouts to go with your Cajun catfish. Just be sure to soak your potatoes and brussel sprouts in margarine and sprinkle them with salt and pepper before cooking. And I'm sure there's a lot of ideals you can come up with to cook some new and unusual items on the grill.
Turn a boring hamburger into a delightful jazzed up burger by mixing bleau cheese crumbles and fine chopped sweet purple onion into the meat before you make the hamburger into patties. Try serving them on toasted onion rolls instead of hamburger rolls. And what ever you do don't miss the new potato rolls now available in most markets. They are great lightly buttered and grilled on a clean spot on the grill.
4. Don't rush your barbecue. You need to start your grill at least one hour before you plan to cook especially if your using a charcoal grill. And keep in mind that meats like briskets for example must be cooked slow over low heat if you want them to turn out tasty and tender. Pull up some chairs , put on your favorite music and enjoy your barbecue and the time you spend with family and friends.
5. Have fun. Try cooking things like bacon wrapped hot-dogs to give your children something new to enjoy and give them memories that will last a lifetime. Keep in mind that you can grill shrimp, scallops, catfish , and rock lobster tails for a complete grilled seafood platter. You might even want to try grilled oysters as a extra treat. There's really nothing you can't grill and enjoy. Come up with new and unusual ideals to try to enjoy.
And those I think are 5 ways you can enjoy a barbecue. In fact a lot more than 5 ways. And there's a whole lot more you can come up with. So why not get the grill heated up and get started cooking.
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs - RECIPE
Pulled Pork Is Easy To Make And Enjoy
What Is Pulled Pork And How To Make It
Pulled pork is made from tougher cuts of pork like Boston Butts that are usually tough. But the meat is cooked slow over low heat and it gets tender so it can be pulled apart like in the above photo.
Slow Cooker Beer Pulled Pork
Here is a recipe for making a Boston Butt in a large slow cooker. If you'll follow this recipe carefully your going to find that it turns out perfect each and every time you make it. I make this recipe with a 12 oz. bottle of Budweiser because I think it gives the finished cooked pork a wonderful flavor that everyone will love.
Ingredients For Your Slow Cooker Beer Pulled Pork.
1. One 4 - 6 Pound Pork Boston Butt.
2. Two Teaspoons Ground Sea Salt.
3. One Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
4. One Teaspoon Onion Powder.
5. One Teaspoon Ground Powdered Garlic.
6. One 12 Oz. Can Budweiser Beer.
7. One 12 Oz. Bottle Regular Kraft Barbecue Sauce.
First of all set your slow cooker on high and spray the inside of the crock with vegetable cooking spray.
Put the pork roast in the bottom of the slow cooker crock pot and then sprinkle all the seasonings over the pork roast.
Pour the 12 Oz. can of Budweiser in to the bottom of the crock pot around the pork roast you have in the crock pot.
Cook on high with the lid on the crock pot for at least eight hours or overnight. Keep a eye on the liquid and if the crock pot cooks dry add another half of a 12 Oz. can of Budweiser.
When the pork is cooked and tender remove it from the crock pot and shred it with a fork or two forks. Discard the liquid and any bones. Put the shredded pork back in the crock pot and pour the bottle of barbecue sauce in and stir it up. Turn the crock pot to low to keep the barbecue pulled pork warm until your ready to serve it. If your not going to use the pulled barbecue pork in about 4 hours spray the inside of a large plastic container with vegetable cooking spray and store your cooked pulled barbecue pork in the refrigerator until your ready to heat it up and serve it on sandwiches.
I almost always offer more barbecue sauce on the side and slaw. I usually offer regular slaw and barbecue slaw also. If you click that link for the slaw you'll find three delicious slaw recipes. At the barbecue slaw link you'll find many more great pulled pork recipes all here at Hub Pages.
Why Not Post Your Barbecue Comments Below Now
More by this Author
Here is the best Coney Island Hot Dog you will ever eat. In case you don't know the Coney Island Hot Dog refers to an all beef hot dog , all beef chili , mustard , and onions. And I personally think a Coney Island Hot...
If your looking for something new , exciting , and delicious then here it is. What is it you may ask. Well I'm going to tell you. Its a new exciting food invention called a Bacon Burger Dog with Cheese.
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.
Feel free to post your barbecue comments , tips , or suggestions now. Let me hear from you soon.
No comments yet.