8 Simple Cooking Tips
8 Simple Cooking Tips
1. Do you get lumps in your gravy. Have you tried to make gravy over and over only to have lumps ruin all your efforts. Well there is a very simple solution to this. And that is a wire whisk. You will want to go to a cooking or restaurant supply store and buy yourself several sizes of cooking whisks. The other secret to making white sauce, gravy, etc and make them with out lumps is to use a wire whisk to stir with and use plain flour also called all purpose flour.
2. Have you tried and tried to make biscuits but they turn out like Hockey Pucks. Well I have the solution for you. Jiffy has recently come out with a great product. Its called Jiffy Biscuit Mix and if you use that product you can make delicious biscuits that everyone will love. Just follow the directions on the package and roll out your dough and cut your biscuits out with a water glass.
3. Keep a whole Vanilla Bean in the container with your sugar. The bean adds a subtle vanilla flavor and the vanilla sugar will be delicious in your morning coffee.
4. Buy the family size, cost saving pack of pork chops and when you get home remove the pork chops from their package and pat dry with paper towels. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and then place your pork chops on it. When they are almost froze remove from the pan and place into large zip lock bags. You will now be able to take out however many pork chops you want.
5. If you have a problem with cookie sheets, cake pans or baking pans rusting there is a simple solution. As you use them wash them well in soap and water, dry them well and return them to an oven set at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Your pans will never rust again.
6. Before you chop onions place them in the freezer for 45 minutes and then take them out. You can now work with them with no more tears. The freezer has no effect on your onions and if cutting up onions is a problem for you then you will have no more worries.
7. You can frost a cake much easier if you place your layers in the freezer for 30 minutes before you start to apply your icing. Once I started to do this I have never had another problem applying frosting to a cake.
8. Drop three or four marbles or dry beans into your double broiler or steamer pan to alert you if the liquid in the pan gets to low. The marbles or dry beans will rattle and alert you to add more water.
Ok there's 8 of my favorite cooking tips that I usually print off and give to new cooks when I do a cooking class. And there are hundreds if not thousands more great cooking tips. I bet you know one or two. Why not post them below in the comment section and lets see how many cooking tips and hints we can come up with. Does anyone have any candy making tips? Or how about your favorite recipe for squash casserole. What ever. Just tell us about it below.
More by this Author
Here we have the recipe for the best pork roast you will ever taste in your life. This is truly the best roast you will ever taste. Just follow the recipe.
Do you want to know how to make the World's Best Meatloaf. Well guess what here is the recipe for the World's Best Meatloaf and yes it really is that wonderful. Oh so yummy.
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.