A Delicious Cheesy Rice and Bean meal or Bean Burrito Mix
Cheesy Rice and Beans
This is a delicious recipe for a cheesy rice and beans plate that is good by itself or paired with a Hispanic style meal. It's quick and simple and easily feeds 3. As an alternative for left overs or another simple meal it can be used to make 6 Cheesy Rice and Beans Burritos. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Cheesy Rice and Beans
- 1 Can Hormel Chili with Beans
- 1 Cup Mexican Cheese Blend
- 2 Cups Minute Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 6 Tortilla Shells, Optional
- You will need two pans one for the rice, and one for the beans and cheese. You will also need a lid for the rice pan and if possible a large enough pan for the rice to mix both together. Hint: it will save on dishes later.
- Start by adding two cups of water to the rice pan and bring to a boil. (Optional add a light bit of salt for flavoring.)
- After the water comes to a boil add in the 2 cups of rice and stir in. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In the second pan add your can of Hormel Chili with Beans. Set heat to 7 or medium high. Continually stir so it doesn't burn to the pan.
- After the chili begins to bubble like its boiling add 1 cup of the Mexican Cheese blend. Continue stirring as the cheese melts and mixes in with the chili. This is a continuous stirring as it will easily burn to the pan.
- After three to four minutes still on the medium high setting the cheese should be well melted and mixed. Also at this point your rice should have had its five to six minutes to sit.
- Take the bean and cheese mix and pour it over the rice. Mix together thoroughly.
- Now you can serve it as is, or as the cheesy rice and bean burrito. (See next step for burrito.)
- (OPTIONAL) Warm up the burritos by throwing them into the microwave I would suggest about 10 seconds each. Scoop a decent portion onto the middle of the shell, just enough to fill the center. Fold 1/3 of the burrito over to the middle and roll from the bottom up and serve.
More by this Author
This is my experience from working at Wal-Mart and why I do not like them.
This is coming from experience and is in response to a question asked by hubber member Trekkiemelissa. http://hubpages.com/request/17887/ I have worked in the Fast Food and non Fast Food Industry for about 7 years....