A Different Banana Cookie
With convection 8-9 min or 10-12 min
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour (optional)
- 2 Cups white flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- Pinch or two sea salt (optional), fine grain
- Pinch or two Cinnamon (optional)
- 1-2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 -1 Cup Mini-choc chips
- 2 1/2 or 3 small Bananas, Mashed
- 2 Tblsp Walnuts (optional)
- 1 Large `Egg
- 1 Cup sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter, Melted
Preheat Oven to 375
- Line two 15 x 10 cookie sheets with parchment paper for easier clean-up, otherwise use spray-oil for "baking"
- In large bowl add flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and blend together.
- In another small bowl, combine melted butter and sugar til thick and moist. Then add to that the egg, vanilla and banana stirring together.
- Combine the above mixture to the flour blending together while scraping sides and then fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop 1 Tblsp of batter to your sheets and bake til lightly browned and toothpick comes clean.
- NOTE: In the original recipe toasted almonds were included as well as whole wheat pastry flour. All purpose white flour can be used however, which is what I used. Banana chips were also used, however, by using regular bananas it said to not use eggs. I chose to use 1 egg with the recipe for more moist cookies.
- SUBSTITUTE: Instead of chocolate chips you can also use bag of Heath's toffee bits. Even combining both in even amounts is good too!
Conversions on recipe
I have gone online so many times and search for substitutions on converting cookies to a 9 x 13, or to cupcakes, etc.... so there are other options as well. I have the mini-cupcake tins and can fill 24 of them with this batter. It just a little more cake-like, but still as good!
It is a very simple recipe to follow. I hardly use my mixer anymore either, just whisk everything together and then fold in chips with large soft spatula. As long as the recipe is blended well it will come out the same as if you used your mixer.
Once you start eating them, you can't stop!
More by this Author
If you love Mexican food, I'm sure you will really enjoy my version of Chicken Enchiladas!
There are so many cheesecake recipes, but I prefer my own versions usually. This is the fastest and easiest cheesecake recipe I've ever made but the best part is that it is sooo good!!
With fruit salads for meals or dessert, (no matter how you throw it together), I'm sure you will enjoy these recipes!