Quick and Easy Recipes: Breakfast - Cottage Cheese with Apples
Breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day and it should be nutritious. For those people who have to go to work, and early in the morning, there is no time to make breakfast, let alone a nutritious one. All we have time for is a bagel or danish with coffee or a bowl of cereal.
Well, here is something delicious you can whip up for breakfast that is easy and only takes a few minutes of your time. It's cottage cheese with apples. Both are nutritious and healthy and make for a delightful breakfast or even snack.
Cottage cheese with apples is one of my favorite breakfast treats. I love eating it with a refreshing cup of chamomile tea.
- 1/2 carton regular cottage cheese, (farmer cheese great too!)
- 1 medium fresh apple, medium size
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- Empty a half a carton of regular cottage cheese into a bowl. (You can use more or less depending on your appetite). You can use farmer cheese instead of the cottage cheese if you prefer. It will taste great either way.
- Take a fresh apple of your choice (I prefer Gala apples), wash, peel, and cut into cubes.
- Add the cut apples to the cottage cheese and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. You can sprinkle a little of bit of sugar (about a teaspoon) if you like a sweeter taste.
- Stir the contents and enjoy. You can top the dish off with crackers or toast and hot tea (I prefer Chamomile) on the side.
- This makes for a delicious breakfast treat that is easy to make and takes only a few minutes of your time. And it is even nutritious. For some variety, you can even substitute the fresh apple with dried fruits or fresh berries. The choice is yours. Either way you are sure to enjoy this dish.
Check out this great cookbook with easy to make breakfast and brunch recipes
© 2010 Lena Kovadlo
More by this Author
A delicious breakfast recipe - scrambled omelet with crepes, salami, avocado, cheese, and dried cranberries. It is easy to make and doesn't require long preparation or cooking.
If you are not sure about what to eat for breakfast or are simply craving for something different and delicious try apple blintzes. This breakfast recipe is easy to make and not time consuming at all.
Here is a list of useful Microsoft Word shortcuts that will save you valuable time and are easy to use. Save this list for future reference. It will come in handy.