Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings recipe - simple and budget friendly
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wing Recipe
Inviting a few friends over to watch the game? Hosting a large party and looking for a flavorful selection of hors d'oeuvres'? Just cooking dinner for yourself and/or your small family? Here is an inviting, delicious recipe for you to prepare- lemon pepper chicken wings.
It is a great dish to prepare when you are cooking on a budget but still like to entertain and are hosting a party where you need to feed many people, for instance. Whether it is a starter, served formally in a plate as part of a main dish, or served on a buffet, this dish will make a terrific option for your menu. The protein in the chicken will be very satisfying, appeasing appetites. If on a buffet, you can place a tray of these wings right next to a large bowl of fresh salad.
I love cooking with the use of lemons or limes, depending on which is on sale at the supermarket. The tart flavoring on meat or fish is very enjoyable. I do not typically use bottled lemon juices but rather slice the fresh fruit.
On a good day, a lemon can be purchased at the market for 69 cents or less. On a really good day, the raw meat that you will need for this recipe can be purchased for less than $2 per pound. Personally, I prefer not to use the whole wing, but rather to purchase wing portions, sometimes called wingettes. The smaller pieces will lock in flavor nicely and encourage portion control when you get to eating them.
Keep in mind that one whole chicken wing with skin on will run over 100 calories! This is not a low fat food. For this recipe, you might choose to use skinless wings to reduce the fat a bit. The good news is that you will oven bake these wings and not add additional fat/grease to what is already in the raw meat. A lot of fat will drip out as the chicken bakes in the oven. Here is the recipe:
1. Wash and slice two lemons (or limes) in rings. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425F
3. Open a 2 pound package of fresh or thawed chicken wingettes. Rinse the wingettes thoroughly in a large bowl of water with a tablespoon of vinegar. Pour water out of bowl.
4. To the chicken in bowl, add dashes (one teaspoon or less) of each of the following spices:
5. Mix the spices well in the bowl, ensuring that the chicken is fully coated.
6. Line a square or rectangle baking pan with foil and coat the foil, spreading a tablespoon of olive oil on it.
7. Arrange the chicken wingettes in the pan in one layer for even cooking.
8. Place the pan in the preheated oven and allow to bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the pan from the oven. Flip the wingettes over. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the wingettes and place the pan back in the oven for ten additional minutes, reducing heat to 375F.
10. Done. Serve and enjoy!
Another Citrus Chicken Dish, recommending supreming citrus
More by this Author
This is a recipe for prime rib encrusted with garlic. It is terrific for holidays and special occasions or as an 'ordinary day' indulgence. If you thought that you could only eat prime rib in the restaurants, this...
This hub discusses how to cook turkey wings with a slow cooker. This simple slow cooker recipe for turkey wings yields delicious results.
Delicious meatballs are possible without breadcrumbs! Whether you don't eat breadcrumbs or none are readily available, try this recipe plus a savory tomato sauce garnished with parsley and spices.