A Green Pepper Meatloaf Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a great meatloaf variation straight from “The Cupboard Drawer”. It hides a different texture to the dish that becomes evident at the point of consumption (your mouth) in a pleasing sort of way. Do Enjoy….
¼ Cup Butter
3 Large Onions, sliced
1 Large Green Bell Pepper (seeded, cored and cut into thin strips)
2½ tsp Salt – divided 2 and 1/2
2 LBs Ground Chuck, recommended ( if using ground beef make sure its at least 95% lean)
1 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1/8 tsp Pepper (Black or red your call)
¼ Cup Catsup ( I also like to use a small can of Contadina tomato paste instead)
Pre Heat Oven to 375 Degrees
- Prepare a greased 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf Pan (PAM works well)
- In a large Skillet over medium heat melt the butter then add the onions, green pepper, ½ tsp salt. Sauté stirring frequently till tender.
- In a mixing bowl combine the onion – pepper mix, Ground Chuck, bread crumbs, eggs, remaining salt, pepper and catsup, mix gently but thoroughly.
- Press Mixture into the prepared loaf plan, (if you want crustier sides you can then take it out of the loaf pan and bake it on a greased cookie sheet (use the kind with a lip all around the pan.)
- Bake in your 375 Degree Oven for 1 Hr, Remove from oven slice and serve.
Yield 6-8 servings (3 or 4 for me)
This one really tastes good with a cold beer and fried potatoes with some Shredded Cheddar on top.
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,