A Most Delicious Hawaiian Meal: Maui's Crusted Mahi with Coconut Recipe
I'm not the best cook and I usually cook basic stuff- you know, keep it simple and not overly complex. The Crusted Mahi with Coconut meal is a local island favorite for good reason-it is a mouth watering, delicious dish.
Not exactly low cal, though. What makes this so tasty is the combination of coconut, chopped macadamia nuts, mango and cooking the mahi fish on an already hot skillet to brown it, it won't take long, so don't get sidetracked with other things in the kitchen or you will fry it (in a BAD way).
- A large serving of Mahi fish for 2-4 people
- I cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko
- 1.5 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp salt
- .25 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp shoyu
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Two large mangoes
- 1.25 cups chopped pineapple
- .50 cup chopped red onion
- .25 chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 chopped red jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut mangoes into chunks and combine with remaining salsa in a large bowl. Mix well and chill in fridge.
- Combine coconut shreds, panko, nuts and salt in a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, stir shoyu and coconut milk together.
- Heat skillet to medium-high with olive oil.
- Salt fish, dip in coconut milk and cover with dry mix, put in hot skillet until turning that golden brown crust. Do not over cook.
- Place the browned fish on a cookie sheet and place in oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle salsa mix over the fish and serve with your favorite rice.
More by this Author
It is great food and a low price!
Over 2 million Filipinos immigrate to the USA per year, where do they live? Where are the most popular spots for Filipinos?
Join this long list of consumer problems and complaints about this car. Most o the problems are on models pre-2009. Many sad stories.