A Quick and Simple Recipe for Banana Pancakes
Banana Pancakes the Quick and Easy Way
What do you do with those bananas that are turning brown and very soft? I use to just trash them, until my wife said that I could use them in pancakes.
Well, if you have the basic ingredients, you don't have to throw those brown bananas away. You can use them as a major flavoring ingredient for pancakes that are great tasting, with just a hint of sweetness and also very soft and moist.
The recipe below will yield around 30 pancakes. If you need less, just cut the quantities in half.
- 2 cups Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix, any other brand will do
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 2 bananas, skin should be brown and banana should be soft
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can PAM non-stick cooking spray, normal vegetable oil will do but it is more messy
Pancake Mix from Amazon.com
- Place 2 cups of the pancake mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour water into mixing bowl.
- Peel the two bananas and drop the soft banana meat into the mixing bow.
- Using a mixer (even the hand held manual one), beat the mixture until the banana has basically been broken down and mixed in with the water and pancake mix.
- Once the batter has a consistent texture, it is ready to be cooked.
- Plug in your griddle. If you don't have one use a frying pan. Set the griddle temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the griddle has reached 300 degrees Fahrenheit, spray the cooking surface with PAM. Then you can use a soup ladle to scoop up some batter and pour them onto the griddle. Pour them into 4 to 5 inch diameter pancakes.
- After about one minute, flip the pancakes over and wait about 45 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat this process until all the batter mixture is gone. You should end up with around 30 pancakes.
More by this Author
It's looking and feeling a lot like summer within the last few days, with temperature highs reaching the mid 90s where I live. I have a swimming pool, but unfortunately the water isn't looking very clean. Lately I've...
To properly understand what you need to do to your computer in order to truly figure out what is slowing down your computer, you need to understand computer performance fundamentals. When you do, you will know what and...
Discusses some factors leading to kids becoming more disrespectful over the years. The recent bullying by 7th graders against the bus monitor really highlights the fact that many kids are disrespectful to elders.