A Recipe For Delicious Victoria Sponge
Margarine 100 g
Caster sugar 100 g
Flour 100 g
Baking powder 5 g
Jam 100 g
1. Grease and flour 2 sandwich tins.
2. Sieve together the flour and baking powder.
3. Cream together the margarine and sugar.
4. Gradually add the eggs, beating vigorously.
5. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Divide the
mixture between the 2 sandwich tins and bake in an
oven at 190°C for 15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 30-45 mins.
7. When the cake is cooled slice the cake in tow and spread with a jam of your choice and fill with cream.
8. Place the two halves back together and dust with icing sugar.