A Slightly Different Chilli
This is a great favourite with family and friends. Depending on the sensitivity of your taste buds adjust the amount of chilli you use in this recipe to suit your required taste. Any leftovers are great served hot or cold with hot buttered toast! If you are a vegetarian don't worry, just use Quorn instead of minced beef.
- 500g mince, or Quorn
- 3 tblsps olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 galic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp plum sauce
- 1 tblsp oyster sauce
- 1 tblsp mushroom ketchup
- 4 tblsps tomato ketchup
- 1 dsp worcester/soya/teryaki sauce
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 225g red kidney beans
- 2 tsps chilli powder
- In a large frying pan fry the onion, chili and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add the mince and cook until brown.
- Add the Plum Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Mushroom Ketchup, Tomato Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Chilli Powder, Mixed Herbs and Kidney Beans.
- Mix together thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- To serve, split a jacket potato and serve the chili between the two halves. Add a knob of butter to the potato. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a vegetable of your choice. For added flavour grated cheddar cheese can be sprinkled on the potato and mince.
|Serving size: 287|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 11 g||44%|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Greeks all over Greece will be making their traditional Christmas cakes of Melomakarona and Kourabiethes right after Thanksgiving despite their current economic woes.
Greek healthy recipe for baked stuffed pumpkin is an interesting easy recipe to follow.
Alhambra is set on an escarpment above the city of Granada in southern Spain just beneath the foothills of the beautiful and majestic Sierra Nevada.