Add Raisins to Holiday Recipes for a Special Touch
Are you looking for a way to add your own special touch to your holiday recipes this year? Whether you're cooking dishes that have been in your family for years or if you're trying out new recipe ideas, consider adding nutritious and versatile raisins for a special flavor that makes the dish uniquely yours.
Flexibility of Cooking With Raisins
Raisins make a terrific addition to many types of dishes, from desserts to side dishes, to main courses. For great recipe ideas using raisins, brose the recipe database on the California Raisin Marketing Board's website. You'll find great ideas for making many types of dishes that incorporate raisins into their ingredient lists.
You can also sign up for the organization's free monthly electronic newsletter, called "The Way of the California Raisin". You'll get recipes featuring raisins and other related information delivered right to your inbox each month.
You can also add raisins to tried and true favorites. Raisins can be a tasty addition to any baked goods that call for dried fruit or nuts. For example, if you make nut bread during the holidays, try stirring a few raisins into the batter when you add the nuts. They're also a terrific addition to many sauces, especially those with a sweet flavor --- such as the glaze you whip up each year for your holiday ham. They even taste great stirred into whole berry cranberry sauce.
Nutritional Benefits of Cooking with Raisins
Using recipes that feature raisins or adding raisins to your favorite recipes can be a great way to help your family and friends get the nutrients they need for a healthy diet.
- Looking for a way to boost your family's consumption of fruit? One-quarter of a cup of raisins counts as a serving of fruit.
- Want to add fiber to your diet? Eating more raisins is a great way to do so.
- Want to cut down on dietary fat? Raisins are one of nature's fat free foods.
- Need to watch cholesterol? Raisins are naturally free from cholesterol.
- Trying to reduce your sodium intake? These tiny dried fruits are naturally low in sodium.
- Want to benefit from increased antioxidant consumption? Raisins pack a powerful punch when it comes to antioxidants.
Convenience of Cooking with Raisins
In addition to the numerous health benefits associated with cooking with raisins, it's also convenient and easy to keep this ingredient on hand at all times.
- Raisins have a long shelf life.
- They don't require refrigeration.
- Kids love them as snacks right out of the box.
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...
No comments yet.