Adobong Manok ( Chicken Adobo Recipe)
Talking about Filipino dishes, this one is very common to be served at the dining table but it is one of my favorites ever. "Adobo" is a Spanish word which means marinade but we Filipinos adapt our own taste. There are many variants of this dish, some people want it with potatoes, some want more sauce to mix with rice and some want it drier. For a little advice, Adobo is more delicious when eaten the next day. This dish is so easy and tastes so good you might be able to forget your name! Oh yes, we always say that term "able to forget your name" as our way of expressing that it is indeed delicious you might able to request that dish again. Learn how to cook chicken adobo with these few easy steps. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 20- 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30- 45 minutes
Servings: 5 to 8 servings
1 kg of chicken, cut into pieces
1/2 cup water
1 quartered onion
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
4-5 bay leaves
5 peppercorns or 1 tsp. of ground pepper
1/3 cup of soy sauce
1/8 cup of white vinegar
3 tsp of brown sugar
2 tomatoes, sliced into 4 each
Preparation Procedure :
1. Wash chicken pieces and set aside.
2. Remove the garlic skin and crush them using mortar and pestle or sliced with knife if you don't have one.
3. Slice onion into pieces and set aside.
4. Mix the soy sauce, vinegar and water into a container
1. In a wok, sauté garlic and onion until brown.
2. Add the tomatoes
3. Add the chicken pieces. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the mixture of soy sauce, vinegar and water. Cover the wok and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add more water if you prefer more sauce then add the brown sugar. Let it simmer again for another 10 minutes.
6. Set aside the sauce and let the chicken fry on its own until you hear a popping sound.
7. Put the chicken back into the wok and leave for 2- 3 minutes on a low heat until the sauce becomes slightly sticky.
Voila! Meal is served!
You will surely love this especially for those meat lovers out there!. This is best served with steamed rice. You will surely forget that you are on diet. Now you know how to cook chicken adobo. Happy eating!
You May Also Like
- Mango Float Recipe: Philippines' favorite dessert
Mangoes are great tasting fruits. These are one of the most delicious fruits in the world. The best mangoes are found and grown in the Philippines in the province called Guimaras. It is the well-known Mango Capital of the world. Mango fruit can be...
- Lechon Paksiw Recipe or Roasted Suckling Pig Stew
More by this Author
Proposing marriage to your loved one is a great and exciting way to express how much you would want to treasure her for the rest of your life. Here are just few suggestions you could try to get her in no time.
Mangoes are great tasting fruits. These are one of the most delicious fruits in the world. The best mangoes are found and grown in the Philippines in the province called Guimaras. It is the well-known Mango Capital of...
Every country has its cultural traits. Here are some that Filipinos share.