Alice Springs Chicken Recipe Made Easy
Alice Springs Chicken
I love this Alice Springs Chicken Recipe because it has all the appeal of the delicious entrée at Outback and it is simple to prepare. The limited number of ingredients means you'll be out of the kitchen fast and enjoying dinner. If you take advantage of the opportunity to make a second portion to freeze, you'll be able to go "out to dinner" when you crave this dish and save a little money too!
When I need a main entrée for a larger gathering, this is one of my go-to recipes. It's hard to go wrong with cheese, bacon and honey mustard dressing - kids and adults alike love this recipe. Just make a salad and serve some fries or Creamy Mashed Potatoes and dinner is done.
My family loves dining at Outback, being served and savoring Alice Springs Chicken and all the fixings. But, this copycat recipe let's us enjoy this tasty entrée when we just don't have the time or money to go out to eat. I hope you enjoy it as much as the customers at our store.
Buy Copycat Cookbooks Online and Save
Gather the following ingredients before you assemble the Alice Springs Chicken Recipe. Prepare all the ingredients as indicated.
Honey Mustard Sauce (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 cup mushrooms, sliced (8 ounces)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6 ounces each)
6 slices of bacon, cooked or 2 Tablespoons bacon bits
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Layer the ingredients in the baking dish.
The Alice Springs Chicken Recipe at Outback owes much of its popularity to the sweet honey mustard sauce that it is drenched in. Use your favorite store brand and you will save preparation time. If you want to give this dish homemade appeal, then follow the steps below to create a simple, but very tasty honey mustard sauce.
- Combine mayonnaise, honey and Dijon mustard using beaters. Mix very well.
- Layer the ingredients listed below in baking dishes or pans:
Honey Mustard Sauce
Monterey Jack Cheese
3. Follow cooking directions below to cook this entrée now.
4. Wrap portions you plan to freeze by encasing the baking tin in aluminum foil and then plastic wrap.
Print and Cut Cooking Directions
Alice Springs Chicken
Instructions: Thaw chicken in refrigerator for approx. 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake uncovered for approx. 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir sauce, if necessary. Internal temp. should be 170F.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with steak fries and salad of mixed field greens.
Buy Your Kindle From Amazon
Comments from Customers and Tips
The Alice Springs Chicken recipe was a favorite of our customers. Here are few tips and suggestions based upon their feedback.
- "My kids love the honey mustard sauce. Can I take an extra container home?" Make up extra sauce while you have everything out, many kids will eat vegetables if they can dunk them in this sauce.
- "Can I make this entrée a little healthier?" Absolutely! But, it does change the taste a bit. Use turkey bacon or leave the bacon off, use less of the high calorie ingredients (i.e. sauce and cheese) or use low-fat ingredients.
- "I love this recipe so I made up a lot of entrees to freeze. How long will they last?" We suggest that you consume this entrée within two months of freezing for the best results.
- "I will be serving dinner to 12 people. Do I need to adjust the cooking time when baking 12 servings at once?" This is definitely a crowd pleaser! We recommend that you use a meat thermometer for a perfect Alice Springs Chicken recipe since the thickness of the chicken will vary.
- Other types of cheese including colby and cheddar also work well on this recipe.
- Microwave bacon slices in a single layer (covered with a paper towel) for 4-5 minutes or cook stove-top per package directions.
Other Make Ahead Recipes
- Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe to Make Ahead and Freeze
After tasting the Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe you'll join the ranks of thousands of our meal assembly kitchen customers that raved about this entrée every month. Make ahead and freeze tips provided on this updated classic comfort food with two types of
- Make Ahead Salmon in Bourbon Marinade
Make ahead salmon in a bourbon marinade and enjoy a gourmet dinner and all the health benefits that salmon offers at any time. Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Mexican Burritos Made Into Pie
Mexican Burritos Made Into Pie are easy to make and freeze. Easy to convert to a vegetarian burrito recipe. A favorite recipe of our customers.
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe to Make Ahead and Freeze
A creamy mashed potato recipe that you can make ahead and is delicious, even after it has been frozen. A favorite at our store. There are tips and suggestions in this article to make the most of this recipe.
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
This vegan chocolate cake recipe is easy to make and sure to please everyone at the table. It is perfect for anyone that is allergic to eggs.
More by this Author
A crab cake, that is in fact mostly crab meat and not a bunch of filler, is a delicacy to savor. This recipe uses saltines to complement the delicate crab with just a hint of Old Bay, onion and celery. It is not...
This Mediterranean Baked Chicken Recipe has it all: it's delicious, healthy, beautiful and it can be made ahead and frozen. A favorite at our meal assembly store, it is South Beach Phase I compliant and uses boneless,...
- 4Egg-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free Convenience Products Available in the Grocery Store: A Food Allergy Resource Guide
This product guide is for anyone who is allergic to egg, dairy and soy (and peanut too!) or for the people who love them and never know what to buy at the grocery store. Scroll down to see the table of...