Almond Biscotti with Citrus Recipe
This Almond Biscotti with Citrus Recipe is so delicious, and surprisingly easy to make. The most difficult part might be shaping the logs. I use baggies over my hands, as the dough is quite sticky. Remember, they don't have to be perfect, they are artisian.
Also, because I typically have salted butter on hand, I use it, and omit salt when called for in baked goods. If you substitute unsalted butter, just add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, as a flavor enhancer.
Almond Biscotti with Orange Peel
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl (I use my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer), mix together the sugar, melter butter, almond extract, vanilla extract, and orange peel until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated (do not overmix). Refrigerate the dough, covered, until just firm enough to handle (approx. 30-60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough in half, and shape into two 12" x 3" logs (about 1" thick). Try to get the ends squared, so as to not end up with overcooked ends. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until just golden brown around the edges, and firm to the touch, approximately 25-30 minutes. Transfer loaves to wire racks to cool (approximately 15-30 minutes).
- Using a serrated or very sharp knife, cut logs into 1/2" thick slices, and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until golden on the newly cut edges, approximately 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking sheet. Store biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
More by this Author
- 1How To Run Disney's 2017 Princess Half Marathon - Last Minute Tips, What Expect, How To Succeed (and Have Fun, too)!
Running in the Walt Disney World's Princess Half Marathon through the "Happiest Place on Earth" can only be described as kooky, exhilarating, and magical. Here's what to expect and how to succeed!
The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is a "must have" for many cooks, but choosing which model will best suit your needs can be a daunting task. Sometimes bigger isn't better. Here's why:
TurboTax is so incredibly user-friendly. The only hard part is determining which version fits your needs: Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business. Here's some guidelines to help you decide.