Almost Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe
Here is an easy to prepare recipe the whole family will love!
Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. I especially enjoy making homemade meals for family and friends; but when I got married and began having children the amount of time I could spend on cooking significantly changed. I wanted to find a way to combine my passion for making healthy homemade meals with my need for faster cooking times. As I did some research I found semi-homemade, or what I like to call, almost homemade recipes. This style of cooking is time saving, healthy and so much fun!
This almost homemade pasta sauce definitely fits all of the bonuses of almost homemade cooking and it is so good! This is also a great recipe for a dinner with guests. They will never know that it is not homemade!
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Onion (Red or White), diced
- 8 oz Mushrooms (optional), diced
- 1 Pound Ground Beef or Chicken, diced (if chicken)
- To Taste Italian Seasoning
- 1 Jar (26 oz) Marinara Sauce
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- To Taste Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Box (16 oz) Your Favorite Pasta
1. Place 2 Tbsp. Butter in a large non-stick pan and heat over medium heat until melted
2. Add 4 diced garlic cloves to the pan and sauté about 1 minute.
3. Add the onion and mushrooms to pan and sauté in 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
4. Continue to sauté for about 3 minutes or until onions are cooked.
5. Add the meat and combine ingredients.
6. Allow it to cook, stirring frequently until meat is fully cooked.
7. Drain any excess liquid and then add Italian seasoning mix, to taste and stir.
8. Stir in 1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce and diced bell pepper and combine together.
9. Once it is combined and sauce is warm, turn heat to low, place a tight fitting lid over top of skillet and allow sauce to simmer for 15-20 minutes; stirring frequently.
10. As sauce is simmering, boil 3 quarts salted water in a large pot. Then add pasta and allow it to cook according to directions on box.
11. Drain pasta once it is cooked.
12. Serve pasta with sauce on top and sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top.
This recipe really proves that a lack of time does not have to lead to a lack of taste. Everyone will enjoy this delicious and healthy recipe and you’ll be the star of the meal!
Rate this recipe!
More almost homemade recipes!
- Free Healthy Recipes, Easy Diets, and Healthy Lifestyle Tips - FaveDiets.com
Free healthy recipes to make healthy eating quick and easy all at FaveDiets.com.
- Sandra Lee Sandra Lee semi-homemade Keep It Simple,Keep It Smart,Keep It Semi-Homemade
Sandra Lee semi-homemade Keep It Simple,Keep It Smart,Keep It Semi-Homemade
More by this Author
Looking for some basic fashion tips? Here are five of the most timeless and important fashion tips out there!