Amazingly Simple and Delicious Stuffed Mushroom Caps - with a spin suggestion for those who don't like mushrooms
This recipe is exceptionally tasty and simple to make. Mushroom Caps are a hit at any get together, but for those who don't find mushrooms appealling then follow the *two simple steps* in the instructions below and be host with the most!
- Dr Oz Puts "YOU: On a Diet"
Oprah's got a new diet plan. Does the Dr Oz plan for
- The Best Salmon Recipes
Salmon is a delicious and healthy fish. Learn some really easy ways to cook salmon and check out the best salmon recipes!
- Bake Your Own Super Cupcakes!
Cupcakes are the best because they let you have that moment of cake, but on a personal level. Learn to bake your own cupcakes and frost like a champ, no matter what the occasion!
2 dozen medium white mushrooms - destemmed
2 250g pkg of Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese
1 can of crabmeat or 1 cup of prawns - raw, diced
1/2 pkg of bacon - cooked, diced
1 red pepper diced
1 tsp of margarine
2 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- If using mushrooms, clean and de-stem (You can dice the stems and add them to the mix while cooking if preferred)
- Heat margarine over medium heat in a skillet. Add red peppers, sautee until tender
- Add Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese, stirring constantly
- Once melted add the bacon, crab or prawn meat and Cajun Seasoning
- Simmer on low, stirring frequently, until it begins to thicken to the right consistency
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, let cool somewhat so as not to burn yourself while handling, then spoon into caps spread out on cookie sheet
- Sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 until the bottoms of the mushrooms are browned, which helps prevent them from becoming mushy.
*Tip for those that don't like mushrooms*: Instead of using mushrooms, get tortilla shells and spread the mix approximately 1 cm thick. Roll the tortilla up and then slice into rings. This way can be served hot or cold. Very popular trick with your guests!
More by this Author
It's hard to know when a DYI job is really something that you can do yourself. If you're at all like me and rather enjoy charging into these situations at full speed and half brain then this is a Tip Guide for you!! ...
The entrance to Beacon Hill Park at Douglas Street and Southgate. Beacon Hill Park, a public park belonging to the City of Victoria since 1882, is a place where people go for health, beauty, entertainment and peace of...