American Chop Suey
So far I have found American Chop Suey served in only Asian restaurants but not in America. I wonder where the name comes from. Anyway for those of you who love this dish, here is the preparation.
- Noodles 150 grams
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Ginger (chopped) 1 tsp
- Garlic (chopped) 1 tsp
- Onion (finely sliced) 1 tbsp
- Carrot (finely sliced) ¼ cup
- Capsicum (finely sliced) ¼ cup
- Chicken (long strips) ¼ cup
- Vinegar 2 tsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Corn flour (dissolved in water) 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup 4 tbsp
- Water ½ cup
- Boil water in a pot; add 1 tsp oil and salt according to taste in a pot and boil noodles.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry boiled noodles in it.
- To make chicken mixture, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok.
- Add chicken, vegetables, onion, garlic and ginger. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the flame and add soya sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar and ½ cup water, and allow to boil.
- Add corn flour to mixture in wok and keep stirring until sauce thickens.
- Pour chicken mixture over noodles and serve hot.
More by this Author
Nowadays Call Center business is very much popular in Pakistan. The main reason for popularity of this business is that it require small investments and it generates very much high returns in foreign currency such as...
No comments yet.