An Illustrated guide to making Stuffed Bell Peppers, aka Capsicums
Trying to find something healthy that you can feed the family? Or just trying something different for the visitors? Have you over done the treat foods and feel its time to pack in some veggies? I have the recipe for you.
Stuffed peppers (stuffed capsicums), vegetarian or with meat. The options are limitless, as a side dish as the main dish. With or without cheese, if you want to give your body a vitamin packed boost.
Please let us know how this worked out for you:
Ingredients for Stuffed Peppers (Capsicums)
- 4 Medium to Large Capsicums (Bell Peppers), Red, Green, Yellow
- Cream Cheese
To prepare the delish stuffed capsicum
- Pre-heat oven on to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Farenheit)
- Core the Bell Pepper's (Capsicum) by cutting around the stalk, ensure you remove all the seeds and the bits the seeds hold on, whilst keeping the capsicum intact.
- Mix the spinach, garlic (to taste), thyme (to taste) and rosemary (to taste) it to the cottage cheese.
- Dice the tomatoes, place them in the first layer at the bottom of the capsicum. Add a layer of cream cheese (as prepared in step 3) A layer of mushrooms A layer of cream cheese (as prepared in step 3) A layer of olives Repeat until final layer of cream cheese tops the stuffed bell pepper.
- Cover with foil (it keeps the cream cheese soft, however if you want it a bit crispy don't cover with foil) Place in pre-heated oven
- Variations: Add Lamb in a layer, I'd recommend pre-cooking it first. Cook up some Rice or Cous Cous and add that to step 3.
More Photos of Stuffed Capsicums and the ingredients to go in themClick thumbnail to view full-size
Nutritional value of cream cheese (Philadelphia)
|Serving size: 25g|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Maybe you are more of a fan of stuffed peppers:
More by this Author
Brown Trout, a fish in abundance in most fresh waterways, playful, and good sport to catch, learn what rod, gear, lines, lures and baits will help you catch this feisty carnivorous fish. Places to catch Brown Trout.
No comments yet.