Party Appetizer Recipes
So you've decided to have an appetizer party. It can be either stressful or fun depending on how you prepare. To help you with all of the little bumbs that come with entertaining I have complied a list of tips that have helped me. Hope they are helpful for you.
- Make sure you have some help, you cannot do it all alone. Well, maybe you can, but you won't enjoy it.
- When the appetizers are the main even,t it is safe to estimate that most guests will eat 6 to 7 appetizers per hour. Some will eat more, some will eat less.
- If you are including sweet appetizers on the menu, you will find that people at a party that is only serving appetizers will eat approximately 3 to 5 per hour.
- As far as beverages, if the beverage (punch, soda, juice) is non-alcholic each person generally will drink about 1 per hour.
- For coffee or hot tea you guest will usually drink 1 to 2 cups, unless you have a die-hard coffee drinker in your group.
- Make sure you offer a variety of beverages. Set up a beverage table in an area separated from the appetizer tables.
- Offer cold appetizers as well as hot.
- Make sure you have included appetizers for the dieter and the vegetarian.
- Prepare as much as possible before your guest's arrive, you will then be able to enjoy their company.
- Make sure you offer a variety, at least 7 to 8 different appetizers.
- Prepare dips and marinades one to two days ahead of time.
- Preslice and chop your ingredients and store in plastic bags. This way, the day of your party, all you have to do is combined and cook or serve.
- Decorate and set out all of the non-perishable items the day before.
- Make sure there is enough room for an easy traffic flow. Move or remove any excess unneeded furniture.
- Try to place appetizers in 2 to 3 different locations, it helps control the flow of traffic and you will not have the traffic jam at the main table.
- Consider labeling your appetizers with a place card. It is sometimes hard to tell what an appetizer is and people typically don't like to ask.
- Place the utensils, plates, napkins, etc on a table near the door they use to come into the room.
- Make sure you arrange a few groupings of two to three chairs. Some of your guests may not be able to stand long, and some may just like to sit.
- Serve your appetizers in interesting containers such as hollowed out green and red pepper, pineapple, watermelon, bread, or pumpkin.
- Garnish you trays and line your bowls with kale, cabbage leaves, lettuce leaves, olives, and parsley.
- Serve cold foods such as fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, shrimp, and cubed cheese in a ring of ice.
- Keep fresh trays made up in the kitchen so you can quickly replace empty trays.
- Provide a convenient place for your guest to throw away used napkins, toothpick and other items.
- Circulate, chat and enjoy.
Cheesy Stuffing Balls
1 cup shredded four cheese blend
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups herb flavored stuffing mix
1 cup chopped nuts
8 oz can garlic, basil and onion tomato sauce
1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Blend eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, onion, basil, salt, sage and garlic powder together; fold in stuffing mix and nuts.
Shape into 24 balls.
Arrange on an ungreased 13" x 9" baking pan and set aside.
Whisk tomato sauce and water together and pour over stuffing balls. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
3 cups zucchini, peeled and grated
1 cup biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp red pepper
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Spread in greased 13" x 9" baking dish and sprinkle with 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Coo and cut into squares to serve.
Pepperoni Pizza Squares
1 can refrigerated pizza crust
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 plum tomaotoes, thinly sliced
2/3 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried basil
1 clove garlic, finely minced
several thin slices pepperoni, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Unroll pizza crust and press into a small cooie sheet.
Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded mozzorella cheese
Arrange tomato slices over cheese.
Combine remaining mozarella cheese, mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese and basil and mix well.
Spread cheese mixture over tomato slices.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Cut into 16 rectangle shaped pieces.
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz) pkg feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 small cucumber, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 small can black olives, chopped
Combine cream cheese, feta cheese, yogurt, mint leaves and garlic in a medium bowl.
Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
Spread cheese mixture into a 9" piepan.
Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Top with tomato, cucumber, onion, and black olives just before serving.
Serve with crackers or pita bread wedges.
2 pkgs cream cheese (8 oz), softened
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 can whole kernel corn (8 oz), drained
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 can chopped green chiles (4 1/2 oz), undrained
3 green onions, chopped
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth.
Gradually add lemon juice, beating well.
Add cumin, seasoned salt, red pepper, and black pepper, beating well.
Stir in corn, walnuts, green chiles and onions.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Serve with tortilla chips or large corn chips.
6 medium baking potatoes, bakes
3 tbsp oil
1 tbep grated Parmesan cheese
1 tysp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp blacked pepper
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded Mexican four cheese blend
1/2 cup sour cream
4 green, onions, sliced
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Cut potatoes in half lenghtwise, scoop out the pulp leaving a 1/4" shell. Set pulp aside to be used at a later date.
Place shell on greased cookie sheet.
Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, and pepper and brush on potato peels, front and back.
Bake for 8 minutes, turn over, bake for 8 minutes more.
Turn potato side up and sprinkle cheese and bacon evenly across potato skins.
Bake for 2 minutes unitl cheese is melted.
Set a bowl of sour cream and sliced green onion on the side for those who like to add it to the potato skins.
Other Great Appetizer Hubs
- Super Bowl Snacks, Sayings, and Quotes
Super Bowl It's funny, but when there are dominent teams, there are a number of people who rail about the fact that they're always seeing the Dallas Cowboys or the San Francisco 49ers or the Green Bay either...
- Easy Appetizers with Party Flair
We have a large family that all show up for the holidays and different other family events. Then, there are also other parties that include friends. I love to make a lot of different types of appetizers so...
- Cooking From Scratch - Appetizers
The holidays are upon us, which means holiday parties. Whether you are hosting one or attending one, chances are you will have to prepare an appetizer at some point. While crackers with sliced cheese and a...
- 5 Best (and Easiest!) Crockpot Appetizers
Weve all had the party panic moment our perfect menu is planned (the one where you have to spend all day slaving over a hot stove!) but your oven doesnt have one more inch of space to make delicious...
- Horderves- Dozens of Quick and Easy Appetizers
Horderves. Appetizers. Ultra quick easy appetizer recipes and ideas for parties and other gatherings. All are simple, and most have only a few ingredients. Over 40 ideas for easy to make appetizers that are sure to be crowd pleasers.
- 21 Delicious Appetizer Recipes For Your Party
Whenever we host a party, we want our guests to have a memorable time and have loads of fun. We also want to impress our guests with unique and tantalizing creations that will make their mouths water, and keep...
More by this Author
Have you ever tried the Amish friendship cake starter? If you haven't you are in for a treat. This started makes the moistest, flavorful cake you'll ever have.
What better gift to give than a gift in a jar made especially for a special person. A personalized gift in a jar shows just how much you care.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.