The Best Apple Cake Recipe
This cake is just beyond description.It is so good. I brought it to a family dinner and I wanted to bring some home. They ate all of it, so no leftovers for me.
This apple cake recipe with topping is the perfect dessert to choose. It has its own topping, so you won't need frosting. The apple cake would make a perfect dessert with any meal.
Be sure to choose a good cooking apple. Some apples are better cooking and other for fresh eating. The best to choose are those that are good for both.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups thinly sliced, cored raw apples
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix eggs, sugar,and oil together.
3. In a separate bowl mix salt, cinnamon, soda and flour.
4. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
5. Add in vanilla and apples and blend. Use a large mixing spoon. This mixture can be stiff.
6. Pour into a 13 x 9” baking pan.
7. Mix the brown sugar and nuts and sprinkle over the top of cake.
7. Bake for approximately 1 hour.
8. When cool, it may be served with whipped topping, but taste good alone. It is good with ice cream too.
More Recipes That You Will Enjoy
- How to Make Michigan Pasties + Recipe
If you travel to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, you can't miss the restaurant signs for pasties. Pasties are a food that was brought here from Cornwall, England by Cornish miners. The pasty was an easy meal...
- Old German Cookie Recipe - Sand Tarts
This recipe brings back memories of my Grandma. She was the second generation from Germany to be in this country and her mother brought along with her all of the good recipes from Germany. Everything was...
- Polish Pierogi Recipe
Pierogis are a traditional Polish food. Maybe because I am a noodle lover, they are my favorite. You can't go to Bronson, Michigan during their Polish Days without tasting pierogis. Many of the restaurants...
More by this Author
Lebkuchen is an old German recipe that resembles ginger bread without the ginger. I've made this for my family and it is good. Originally it was made as a Christmas cake by families every year.
I love creamy chocolate fudge. Mamie Eisenhower's recipe is famous for being one of the first marshmallow fudges. Here is a simple recipe you can make quickly.
Many of our perennial flowers and shrubs are poisonous to dogs. Because these plants are toxic, we need to remove some from areas where the dogs play. View a list of plants that are toxic to dogs.