1/2 cup raisin (golden or sultanas)
1/2 cup walnuts (broken into small chunks)
2 apples (peeled and grated) (Fuji or Mutzu are best for taste, however any apple will be fine)
4 lg carrots (peeled and grated) (regular
1/3 cup parsley (finely chopped)
1/3 teaspoon fresh ginger root (finely grated)
1/8 fresh chili pepper (red or jalapeno) (finely chopped)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 tespoon fresh ground pepper
- To plump up raisins soak them in hot water for at least 1/2 hour then drain.
- Lightly brown walnuts on a cookie sheet in medium hot oven about 7-8 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients, set aside into fridge to cool. (1/2 hour at least)
- Peel apples, carrots and ginger root slice.
- Using a food processor grate apples, carrots and ginger root slice.
- Finely chop parsley and chili pepper.
- Combine all and toss with dressing.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Delicious served with BBQ ribs, steak, chicken, pork or shishkebab. Also awesome with veggy burgers.
- For a different taste make the salad with finely grated brocoli stocks or finely grated celley. Not only will it taste great it will only make it healthier.
- For a different look use rainbow colored carrots this will even impress the kids.
- Safe Grilling/BBQ 101
If you're like me you can't wait for the first warm enough weather to have a barbecue get-together. This summer, why not enjoy all those grills without worrying about the harmful bacteria that could be...
- Shrimp Stir-fry!
Once I can start harvesting the veggies from my garden, usually at the beginning of July, I tend to make stir-fried meals 2-3 times a week. As my diet combines 'meatarian', vegetarian and vegan meals the...
- The Worlds Best Basil and Garlic Pesto!
Oddly enough this recipe was given to me by my best friends Grandma. What's odd is that they were Polish. Babtcha (that's what we called her) was a barely five foot tall, stooped over in the middle 86 year...
- Hungarian Goulash: My Favorite Heirloom Recipe (pass...
As far as Heirloom recipes go, I have two. Having been born in Hungary coincidentally
- Chicken Paprikas! A Heritage Recipe.
Let me set the scene, it's August 1973. I've been a bride for almost three weeks. My first dinner party for my new in-laws. And let me tell you they didn't come in small batches. No they came in a package of...
- 1 Year hub-versary!
October 22nd 2007 a day in history... my history that is, a year ago I found my new home away from home. HUBPAGES. To give you the long tour (the short one is just too boring ...I've always wanted to be a...
More by this Author
Green Cherry or Grape Tomato Pickles are a bit of a change from everyday cucumber dill pickles.
The Bruschetta spice Mix is the sixth item that is ready for the Christmas gift baskets. (Check out this hub for more details about the Bakers dozen gift baskets. I've also added the links at the bottom of the hub) ...
First of all a let me say this; fruit trees do not need to be pruned to produce fruit. The fruit production of a tree is a natural occurrence which ensures the survival of a tree. That means a gardener may choose not to...