Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes for Weight Loss
How to Lose Weight with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one of nature's superfoods with a wide range of health benefits.
It can improve your metabolism, help remove toxins from your body, strengthen your immune system, give you a boost of energy, lower blood pressure, regulate blood sugar, and improve digestion by promoting the development of healthy stomach flora.
If you’re interested in taking apple cider vinegar to help you lose weight, you can find a list of tips and hints I’ve developed from my own personal use of ACV that will help you lose weight safely, healthily, and effectively.
Tips for Losing Weight with Apple Cider Vinegar
- White vinegar is NOT apple cider vinegar. Though it may resemble ACV, white vinegar won’t work as a substitute.
- Buy organic. Buy only unpasteurized, unfiltered apple cider vinegar from the market. If it is made from organic apples, even better. The organic, unpasteurized, and unfiltered vinegar contains the “mother” of vinegar, which is filled with enzymes and probiotics and is the source of the vinegar’s health benefits.
- Make or buy the drink. You may find ready-made ACV drinks, like apple cider vinegar with honey, at the grocery store. I prefer to buy basic apple cider vinegar and then make my own drinks at home. That way I have better control over the quality as well as the quantity of ingredients.
- Minimize the smell with lukewarm water. Most people complain about the strong smell of cider vinegar. Here's a little trick. Use lukewarm instead of cold water for your drink. It will not smell too much. Don't use hot water, as this may affect the enzymes in cider vinegar.
ACV Honey drink
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Drink
This is the most popular apple cider vinegar recipe for weight loss. You can make this drink in less than two minutes and either have it immediately or take it with you to drink throughout the day.
So let's get started.
Prep time: 2 minutes.
Cook time: 1 minutes.
Ready in: 3 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4 drinks of 250 ml each.
- 1 litre water, preferably distilled or filtered
- 2-3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, unpasteurized, unfiltered, and organic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 water bottle
- Pour distilled or filtered water into the bottle.
- Shake the bottle of apple cider vinegar well so that the "mother" of vinegar is fully mixed. The mother of vinegar is the most important part of your vinegar since it contains the enzymes and probiotics responsible for the good health reputation of cider vinegar.
- Put 2 to 3 teaspoons of organic ACV in your bottle. Shake the water bottle well so that the vinegar gets all mixed in.
- Now add honey (optional). You can always drink it without. But adding honey improves the taste, especially for those who find the taste of ACV unpleasant. Once you add the honey, shake the bottle well. Your drink is now ready.
How Did You Like It?
|Serving size: 250ml|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 17 g||6%|
|Sugar 17 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Drink Variations
Try these honey substitutes. Honey has the added health benefits of being antibacterial. Some good-quality honey types also contain essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. My favorite honey is Manuka honey, found in New Zealand, my home country. If you don't want to use honey, you can use maple syrup. Just make sure it is 100% maple syrup. Alternatively, you can use blackstrap molasses, or a few drops of Stevia in place of honey. All these sweeteners provides health benefits.
Try adding cinnamon. To speed up your weight loss, add a pinch of cinnamon, which helps boost metabolism. But only a pinch, otherwise the drink could become too spicy.
Video: How To Make ACV drink for Weight Loss
ACV and Tea Weight-Loss Recipe
f you find it difficult to squeeze another drink into your hectic schedule, how about combining ACV with something you already drink, like tea?
- Pour a cup of boiling water, add tea and honey, and stir. Let tea leaves steep for two to three minutes.
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of ACV and drink.
Make sure you add the vinegar after you have made the tea. It’s not advisable to mix the vinegar with boiling water, as doing so can damage the enzymes that provide the health benefits.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Soda?
What about mixing ACV with soda or other carbonated drinks? I’d say only if you absolutely have to. Caffeine dehydrates the body, while sugar adds unnecessary calories. So, to get the best benefits from cider vinegar, it is best drank with water, or at the most with tea.
You could make one litre of apple cider vinegar drink (water + ACV) and take it with you to work or on the move. This will make sure that you are drinking ACV regularly.
How Often Should I Drink ACV?
You should drink apple cider vinegar twice or three times a day.
The best time to drink it is right after waking up or just before breakfast. Other good times include a couple of hours before lunch and, in the evening, a few hours before dinner.
That timing gives the enzymes enough time to work on your digestive system and to be absorbed in the blood. The drink contains a lot of fiber, which helps make you feel full and improves your metabolism.
Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing Recipe
Wine vinegar is usually used in salads in central and southern Europe. Apple cider vinegar can also be a good addition to a salad dressing, adding both an extra kick of acid and a nice apple-y taste.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: two cups
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 50ml water
- 50ml apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1/4 salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Cut all the vegetables into salad-size pieces. Mix well in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix apple cider vinegar with water. Add to salad and stir well.
- Add some salt, pepper, and sugar on the top.
You can put the salad in an air-tight container and store it in the fridge for up to four days. That way you’ll have a healthy snack readily available whenever you like.
These are two of the most popular apple cider vinegar recipes for weight loss.
Make them part of your daily routine to get the benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Remember, you will need to drink apple cider vinegar regularly in order to lose weight. Also, if you are using it on salad in addition to drinking it, that's even better since if you miss on you'll still have the other and will still get your daily dose of ACV.
Do you have a favorite apple cider vinegar recipe?
Is there a recipe with ACV that you find very convenient, practical, and useful? Please use the comment section to share.
People Also Read:
- Read Before Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight ...
This well-researched article answers questions about apple cider vinegar - How often to drink ACV? When to drink? What can I mix it with? Will I lose weight fast if I drank more cider vinegar?
More by this Author
Apple cider vinegar is a very effective treatment for hair loss. Learn some tips for how to get shiny, healthy, and silky hair with ACV.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural way to lose weight without side effects. It's also a very easy-to-follow routine for weight loss. Get started with this guide for losing weight with ACV.
All your questions about apple cider vinegar answered: When and how often to drink? What to mix it with? How can it help you lose weight healthily?