Homemade Apple pie juice drink with recipe.
I know it might sound a little odd, but yes there really is an apple pie drink and it tastes great. Granted it's not as easy as some drinks to make and you drink it warm, however if you're looking for something slightly different, that is a great alternative to a hot caffeine drink in the evening, then this is definitely the drink for you.
It's also not as naughty as it sounds, as although it does contain sugar, it is also packed with fruit and we all know that can only be a good thing.
I will also state it's nutritional value too, as not only does it contain apples this recipe has a bit of a twist. As you can also add blackcurrants and blueberries too, and you can then get an idea of some of it's health benefits as well.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and I would love to hear what you have to say about it, even if it's just ugh! That sounds weird.
- 3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped.
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped.
- A hand full of blackcurrents, washed.
- A hand full blueberries,, washed.
- half a cup of plain flour.
- 2 pints of fresh orange juice, pith free.
- 50 grams demerara sugar.
- 50 grams butter, unsalted.
- 4 tea spoons of Cinnamon.
- Place the chopped cooking apples in a sauce pan with the orange juice and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter together until you get flakes of roughly mixed pastry. Spread them evenly on a baking tray and put in the oven on the highest heat for 15 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- As the other ingreadients are baking and simmering, juice the remaining ingreadients, until they are liquidized.
- When the cooking apples are soft take them off the heat, add to the other fruit that has been liquidized and mix together.
- Finally add the crunchy rough, baked pastry peices on the top and drink warm.
What nutritional value does it have?
- Vitamin B1.
- Vitamin B2.
- Vitamin B3.
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E.
- Vitamin K.
- Folic acid.
OK, but what does that all mean?
The vitamins and nutrients from the fruit are good for skin, hair bones and teeth.
They have properties that fight free radicals and help with cell growth as well as cell production.
Elements are good for your heart, metabolism and immune system.
Oh and did I mention that the drink is yummy?
Just one more thing....
In case you were thinking that warm orange juice doesn't actually sound very appealing, it's a lot better tasting then you would initially imagine it to be.
I hope you enjoy apple pie drink and please do rate it and let me know your thoughts.
- Chia benefits and recipe.
Well firstly you may already know that chia seeds are a favourite among those that work in wall-street, celebrities, nutritionists and health food advocates. Dr Oz also spoke about chia seeds on Oprah, gaining them even greater publicity. Chia...
- 14 tips to help getting your kids to eat fruit and v...
As a parent your child's health is of great importance to you, one of the major contributors to a child's healthy development, alongside play, education and exercise is of course a varied diet. One which includes, calcium, iron, omega 3, as well as..
- Health benefits of watermelon and watermelon recipe ...
The watermelon is so called because it holds about 92% water, which means that it is low in calories and virtually fat free. But don't be fooled into thinking that is all it is good for. It also boasts a high GI of 72 and a low GL of 10. It is low...
More by this Author
When you first begin on your journey of marital bliss, the last thing you envisage is all the possible problems that may occur along the way. You see stretching before you a life of unbridled passion, mutual respect,...
The most commonly eaten bean in the UK is the haricot bean, these are the ones you find in tins with tomato sauce. Although they appear orange, they are in fact naturally white and are only this colour because of the...
Acting is by far one of the hardest professions to obtain regular work in and harder still to achieve any success, fame or wealth in. The glamour and opulence of celebrity is extremely alluring and the prestige of being...