Applebee's Dessert Recipes Clones
Applebee’s is a casual restaurant with very popular desserts. Of course, the recipes are a closely guarded secret but you can create similar desserts at home with very little trouble or expense.
Generally the biggest difference between restaurant desserts and homemade desserts is the plating techniques. Sauces are often used and drizzled on the plate before the actual dessert is added. Embellishments like shaved chocolate or chopped nuts add the finishing touches.
Always use pure, unsalted butter and never margarine. The quality of the finished product depends on it. Do not substitute low fat ingredients for the ingredients given. Fat carries flavor and reducing the fat without adjusting the other flavors will result in a bland end product. Recipes are meant to inspire, they are not written in stone. Have fun with them.
The following recipes are based on two of the most popular Applebee’s recipes.
Applebee's Maple Butter Blondies Clone
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla (preferably Bourbon vanilla)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks cut from good quality white chocolate.
Maple butter sauce
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grade B maple syrup, must be the real deal.
- 2/3 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Watch carefully as the butter becomes golden. Allow it to become light brown, and then remove from heat. Cool. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Blend butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the butter mixture. Blend with a spoon.
- Fold in the white chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Grease 9 x9 pan. Spoon mixture into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Do not overbake!
- Combine the sugar, syrup, and butter and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Cook for two minutes
- Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream and vanilla.
Cut the brownies in nine squares. Cover with a scoop of butter pecan ice cream, drizzle with the warm syrup and sprinkle with more chopped pecans. Serve immediately
Applebee’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Clone
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs (just process Oreos until they turn into fine crumbs
- 1 cup peanut butter cookie crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 4 -8 oz packages of cream cheese (32 ozs), room temperature.
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 10 oz milk chocolate chopped fine
- ½ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Cover the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan with aluminum foil. Place pan in another pan of warm water. Water should come halfway up the sides.
2. Remove springform and set the pan of water aside.
3. Mix cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press firmly over the bottom and partway up the sides of the springform pan. Set aside.
4. Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and brown sugar on low until well mixed and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat very well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and sour cream.
5. Fold in peanut butter cups. Spoon into the crust and smooth top.
6. Place the springform pan in the hot water and put into the oven. Bake 50 bake 50 minutes and then turn off heat. Do not open oven door. Leave for an hour.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and from the water. Allow to cool completely on the counter. Place a layer of paper towels over the cake and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
8. Next day bring the heavy cream just to a simmer. Bubbles should form around the edge but the cream will not be boiling. Remove form heat and add the chocolate, stirring until smooth.
9. Spoon and smooth the chocolate (ganache) over the top and sides of the cheesecake. Allow to firm up in the refrigerator. Sprinkle the top with more chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Creative Plating Techniques
More by this Author
Find out about the different specialty cake pans from Wilton and how to use them
Cake batter is one of the hottest flavors on the Internet. Learn to use this fabulous flavor in waffles, ice cream, and even cheesecake.
Aging parent issues will touch everyone eventually. What are the signs that your parent is no longer able to live on their own and needs help? Find out from someone who has experience.