Egyptian Food Recipes
Hi everybody! Before you start reading this hub I want you to write your feed back on this hub after reading it, whatever the feed back is, I accept criticism but it should be reasonable. Before I vote any hub down I read it many times and think deeply and I have my criteria that tells me if it's a good or a bad hub, and most of criterea I use in evaluating hubs are coming from HubPages rules, because I know how much it hurts when your work is evaluated down by people who you're trying to share your thoughts and experience with. It's really very strange, after this hub was nominated as a hubnugget hub, the rate of it has started to rise up significantly then it started to fall in a very fast rate especially after the weekly newsletter and this is really depressing. I don't understand what's wrong! If you really see that it deserves to be voted down for some reason please write the reason in the comment area at least I can correct my self. Thank you all for voting up or down.
Pickles are very important and significant foodstuff in Egypt. People eat them allover the year. Eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables can lower the risk of and prevent a number of serious illnesses and health problems, such as cancer, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. We should eat 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day. Pickles can form one of these portions, as a way of having nice taste "for people who enjoy eating salty food". Pickling vegetables is also considered a way to preserve vegetables for sometime. If you want to keep them for a long time, you mustn't cut them, just keep them whole.
You need first to sterilize jars. This will be by placing jars and their lids in boiling water and leave them to boil for 5 minutes to kill germs.
Wash vegetables very well and clean them. Cut them if you're going to eat them withen 10 days.
Prepare pickling liquid. Boil a large amount of water for 5 minutes and leave it aside to cool down. Don't use it before you make sure it's at room temperature. For each cup of water add 1/4 a cup of white vinegar and a tablespoon of coarse salt.
Put vegetables in sterilized jars, then pour pickling liquid over them. Cover firmly with the lid and put them in a safe well aerated place.
You can also try other pickling recipes and new tastes
How To Pickle Meat with a Centuries-Old Recipe. "By Patty Inglish, Ms from hubpages America"
HOW TO MAKE CLAUSSEN PICKELS RECIPE - REFRIGERATOR PICKLES "By Granny's House"
Stuffed turkey "Egyptian way"
You can make delicious Stuffed Turkey following easy steps. Just start preparation a day before.
You need to soak your medium size turkey in salted water and refrigerate night long.
To make the stuffing
- 3 large diced onions
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cardamom (up to taste)
- 3 tbsp margarine
6 cups Egyptian rice "short seeds"
- In a large pan put margarine and put it on medium heat
- Add diced onion, salt and pepper and mix till onion looks transparent
- Rinse rice with cold water and drain well
- Add rice and mix for 5 minutes
- Leave the stuff aside to cool down
Put cardamom and mix
- Drain Turkey and leave it aside as you're preparing stuff
- Half fill a very large pan with water
- Put a large onion cut into 4 pieces, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper into water
- Bring water to boil
- Stuff turkey with rice mixture and don't forget to put some rice under skin.
- Wrap turkey with Aluminum foil and place it gently in water.
- Cook it on medium heat for about 1 to 1 1/2 hour.
- Spray a baking tray with oil
- Put the turkey into the tray and brush with oil
- Roast it in a 400 F oven for 30 minutes
Molokhia is an originally an Egyptian food, you can eat it with rice, or just as soup.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 kg molokhia
- 4 mashed skinless tomatoes
- 1 minced garlic head
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp dried ground coriander
- Clean molokhia and wash
- Drain it very well before you cut the leaves
- Mince the leaves very well and leave aside
- Add tomatoes and half the amount of garlic and coriander into chicken broth
- Boil for 2 minutes
- Add minced molokhia and leave it to boil for more 5 minutes
- In a skillet put margarine and all the left garlic and coriander
- Mix very well on high heat to golden colour
- Pour into molokhia and remove it away from heat.
- Cover it very well till you serve it
You can see more famous Arab food "Originated in Egypt"
Falafel OR Ta'meya "By Trefoil"
Other two ways to cook Molokhia
Egyptian rice is of short seeds and rich in starch. To cook Egyptian rice;
- 2 cups washed and drained Egyptian rice
- 1 tbsp margarine or 2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cupt boiled water
1 tsp salt
- Heat a pan and add margarine or oil
- Mix rice very well until all seeds are covered with grease
- Put water and salt and stir till it absorbs water
- Reduce heat to minimum and cover firmly and cook for 20 minutes
You'll find here more recipes for cooking rice
Cooking for Teens- Easy & Quick Recipes for Rice Dishes (Part I) for Teens to Prepare "By rmcrayne from San Antonio Texas"
Rice 101: Three Methods to Cook Rice Perfectly "By Relica from California"
To be continued ...
I'll update this hub and add more Arabic dishes. They are all tasty but not if you want to lose weight:)
More by this Author
Howawshyis a very unique way to eat meat in Egypt. People at different levels know,eat and like howawshy. Here is the recipe of howawshy, you can try it when you plan for a barbecue.
The nicest rice, pasta and lintels mixture :) I believe that Egyptian cooks are really genius. They could create a very delicious dish that costs nothing. As I've studied in Egypt history, ancient Egyptians suffered...
Baron Empain palace is one of the wonders that are found in Egypt. Many stories about ghosts' deeds in the palace. Who is Baron Empain? Why did he choose Egypt for his palace. Are the ghost stories are real?