Blendtec Review - Are Blendtec Blenders Really That Great?
What's a Blendtec?
In case you've been hiding under a rock for the past few years, Blendtec blenders are industrial strength blenders made for home use. They've become famous for their "will it blend?" series of videos on YouTube, where they take non-food items like an iPhone and put it in their blender to see if it will blend. For the most part, everything has blended, including a baseball. That just shows the power of their blender. The most common home model of the Blendtec runs on a motor that makes 3 horsepower, which is more powerful than many small push lawnmowers.
- Blendtecs are very powerful, so you can put any raw food in there and not worry about it jamming. Carrots, radishes, potatoes, whatever.
- Make your own flour. Just put the grain in and let the Blendtec go to work on it.
- Custom settings for various foods. The machine will alternate between fast and slow speeds to get your mixture just right.
- Smaller than the Vitamix
- 3 year manufacturers warranty, and 1 year warranty on the container.
- Works great as a juicer without having to remove any of the pulp from fruits and vegetables. That means more fiber!
- Very expensive. The base model starts at around $400.
- Very loud. This machine will wake up the family if you use it in the morning.
- Larger than many standard blenders.
- Pitcher can wear out quickly, often in less than 2 years.
Will it blend golf balls?
If you're on the raw food diet or enjoy green smoothies (or any smoothies, for that matter), the Blendtec blender is perfect for you. If you're like most people and hardly ever blend anything, you don't really need a blender this powerful or this expensive (it's about 8 times more expensive than your average consumer model blender).
More by this Author
A guide to putting together the best Droog costume for this Halloween, or for your next A Clockwork Orange theme party
The Reservoir Dogs defined "criminal cool" in the 1990's. Here's how you can make the perfect Reservoir Dogs costume -- it's way more than just a black suit and sunglasses.
Jules Winnfield and Vincent Vega weren't just cool criminals, they were also stylish dressers. Here are some tips for making the perfect Pulp Fiction costumes for Halloween -- or whenever.
No comments yet.