Ask DJ Lyons: Best-tasting Tuna & Broccoli Casserole
Quick and Easy Recipe to make best-tasting Tuna Casserole
Have you ever used Tuna Helper made by Betty Crocker? Have you ever tried the Tuna Helper with Classic Creamy Broccoli? It's pretty good: ...
There is a way to make it the best-tasting and quite healthy Tuna and Broccoli Casserole. It's easy. It's quick. And you and your loved ones will be fighting over seconds and leftovers - if there is any.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
Box of Tuna Helper Classic Creamy Broccoli
4 instead of 2 cans of 5 oz. Chunk Light Tuna in Water
2 cups or so of Frozen or Raw Broccoli Florets
1 1/2 cup of hot water & 1 3/4 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
At least 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
About 1 cup or so of Wheat Germ
You'll need a large skillet that has a lid
Step 1: Place 3 tbsp of butter in large skillet that has a lid
Add uncooked Pasta from box
Add sauce packet from box
Pour in 1 3/4 cup of 1% or 2% or whole milk
Pour in 1 1/2 cup of boiling water
Steam the broccoli, cut it up in small pieces, and add to the skillet
Drain the tuna and add all 4 cans of tuna to the skillet
Turn on stove, stir mixture together, and bring to a boil
Once butter has melted, add 1 cup or more of shredded cheddar cheese
Bring the skillet mixture to a boil again and Stir well
Lower the heat, put on lid, and simmer for 10 minutes
Sprinkle Wheat Germ over entire casserole
Dish out casserole & add more Wheat Germ to each dish - if you like
Skillets with lids & some Recipe Books
Inspired by the great French kitchens, Cuisinart began making professional cookware almost 30 years ago. Top quality construction joins the premium stainless exterior with solid aluminum encapsulated into the base, ensuring unsurpassed heat distribution. Bonded to a stainless steel interior, Chef's Classic Stainless offers the professional performance that lets you celebrate the fine art of cooking , with consistently delicious results. The high, straight sides and the flat cooking surface of the saute maximizes capacity. Sear meats, poultry, and more; cover to simmer for a perfect finish.
Ecolution Cookware features Hydrolon - PFOA free nonstick which results in fewer Greenhouse Gases. Hydrolon is water based. We replaced nasty PFOA solvents with water. When the non-stick is applied to the pan water solvent evaporates rather then emitting PFOA into the air. Eco is part of our name and our products. If you share a genuine concern for the planet, we have something in common. We believe that cooking well in the kitchen and doing good for the planet can happen at the same time. Our cookware uses manufacturing techniques that do not include the use of PFOA toxins. Ecolution aims to educate the public on how to recycle old cookware. Cook Well. Do Good.
* 1500-watt electric skillet with variable temperature control
* Large 12-by-15-inch triple-nonstick cooking surface; high walls
* Heat-resistant side handles; glass lid with stay-cool knob
* Warp-proof die-cast base; dishwasher-safe with probe removed
* Measures approximately 13 by 20 by 6-1/2 inches
* 10-inch everyday pan made of heavy-gauge nonstick aluminum
* Riveted side loop handles for safe, secure transport
* Secure-fitting glass lid helps keep in heat, moisture, and nutrients when cooking
* Hand wash with mild cleanser; oven-safe up to 450 degrees F
* Measures approximately 10 by 15 by 5 inches; lifetime warranty
* 16-inch electric skillet for roasting, frying, grilling, baking, making casseroles, and more
* Made of virtually warp-proof heavy cast aluminum; nonstick finish, inside and out
* Control Master heat control; tempered glass cover; stay-cool lid knob and side handles
* Doubles as a buffet server; dishwasher-safe with heat control removed
* Measures 23 by 13 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty
* 1-1/2- and 3-quart saucepan, 8- and 10-inch skillet, 4-quart saute, 9-quart stockpot, 7-3/4-inch steamer insert, and 9-1/2-inch pasta steamer insert--all with covers
* Hard-anodized exterior with aluminum core; Quantanium nonstick interior
* Riveted stainless-steel handles stay cool on the stovetop
* Tight-fitting, break-resistant tempered glass covers for easy monitoring of cooking food
* Oven-safe to 450 degrees F; lifetime limited warranty; washing by hand recommended
* Non-stick interior for easy cooking and easy clean up.
* Hard anodized exterior for long-lasting durability.
* Even heat base delivers even heat distribution for reliable cooking results.
* Helper handle for added comfort and safety.
* Aluminum construction that is oven safe to 350 F.
Drawing on the best 1001 recipes from Dana Carpender’s bestselling books including 500 Low-Carb Recipes, 15-Minute Low-Carb Recipes, 500 More Low-Carb Recipes, 200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes, The Low-Carb Barbeque Book, and Low-Carb Smoothies. You’ll find delicious and varied options including recipes for "high-carb" foods you thought you had to give up forever such as Cinnamon Raisin Bread and Mocha Chocolate Cheesecake. Staying the low-carb course will be easy with choices from barbecue to slow-cooker to internationally-inspired dishes.
For her latest book, the Cake Mix Doctor Byrn turns her attention to doctoring other convenience foods to produce tasty home-style dishes. A QVC regular, Byrn tackles appetizers, salads, main dishes and her trademark desserts with her customary aplomb. The result is full of flavor and easy to produce in a minimum amount of time or supervision, a must for the busy homemaker in today's hectic world. Interspersed among the clearly laid out recipes are sidebars full of helpful tips, such as sizes of dishes to use and ways to doctor French bread. Scattered at intervals are her groups of "15 Ways to Doctor" which covers everything from spicing up canned tuna to putting a slow cooker to best use. From using coleslaw mix in the light sweet-and-sour Fast Asian Slaw to the microwave in the Micro-steamed Hoisin Fish and Vegetables, all the recipes are included for their ability to help cooks save time without giving up flavor. Although she overuses such staples as cream of chicken or celery soup, Byrn certainly shows that she's able to doctor more of the meal than just dessert. Nonetheless, the dessert recipes are the ones that really shine in this book. Whether it's luscious Triple-Decker Peanut Butter Cake or Slow-Cooker Chocolate Chip Pudding Cake, the desserts in this book will satisfy even the sweetest tooth. 16-page full color insert not seen by PW.
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Savor America s true comfort food the casserole. Casserole Recipes is a sumptuous collection comprised of time-tested favorite casseroles and exciting new versions that are sure to please family and friends. The flexible-cover cookbook, compiled by the editors of Favorite Brand Name Recipes, offers more than 300 casserole recipes for breakfasts and brunches; side dishes; chicken, seafood, and meatless dishes; quick dinners; and ethnic specialties.
Full-page photographs accompany many of the recipes, and cooking hints and tips, food facts, and serving suggestions are presented throughout the cookbook. While times change, you can count on a casserole to bring the family to the table. It s hard to resist gooey cheesy toppings, creamy savory layers and the crunchy bits at the edge of the dish. Here is a sampling of recipes from Casserole Recipes:
French Toast Strata
Chicken Potato Pot Pie
Beef Burgandy & Mushrooms
Speedy Mac & Cheese
Vegetable Manicotti Alfredo
Crunchy Onion Stuffing
Entrees Recipe Tutorials:
- Ask DJ Lyons: Making Pot Roast
My husband and I love Pot Roast. Making it in a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker insures that it always comes out fork-tender and delicious. I learned about making a Pot Roast using onion soup for seasoning from one...
- Ask DJ Lyons: How to make steak taste like it was grilled outdoors
Here is Grilled Steak all ready to eat. Side dishes include Roasted Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli. The top picture only has zero calorie buttery spray on the broccoli. That plate was for my husband. The...
- Ask DJ Lyons: Best-tasting Tuna & Broccoli Casserole
Have you ever used Tuna Helper made by Betty Crocker? Have you ever tried the Tuna Helper with Classic Creamy Broccoli? It's pretty good: ... However, ... There is a way to make it the best-tasting and...
Lunch & Appetizers Recipe Tutorials:
- Ask DJ Lyons: Fixing Avocado & Laughing Cow Cheese on Multi-Grain English Muffin
This is one of my favorite snack meals made up of three of my favorite ingredients: Avocados, Laughing Cow Cheese, and Multi-Grain English Muffins. Yum! Here is the pictorial recipe tutorial. Purchase...
- Ask DJ Lyons: Making Sausage Balls
When attending parties and potlucks, I was always thrilled when I found that sausage balls were being served. I enjoyed them so much that I finally asked for the recipe. I was doubly thrilled when I discovered...
Pies Recipe Tutorials:
- Ask DJ Lyons: How to make Vegetable Quiche
This is a close-up view of Vegetable Quiche made with 9 vegetables plus other ingredients: * Green Broccoli, Green Zucchini, and Green Asparagus * Yellow Pepper, Yellow Squash, and Yellow Sharp Cheddar...
- Ask DJ Lyons: Preparing Whole Wheat Pie Crust vs. Regular Pie Crust
Have you ever wondered whether you would like to invest your time in making home made pie crust versus buying a pre-made pie crust in a store? I know I have! If I am short on time, it is delightfully easy...
Fruit Recipe Tutorials:
- Ask DJ Lyons: Make Fruit, Yogurt, & Flax Seed Surprise
If you follow the Food Pyramid at all, most of us typically need 1 1/2 cups of fruit per day. We also need 3 cups of milk or milk products and 5 to 6 ounces of the category known as meat & beans. This dish...
- Ask DJ Lyons: How to make Fruit Cocktail Surprise
Fruit Cocktail Surprise is surprisingly delicious! The other day, my husband came home from visiting his mother in the nursing home raving about a dessert he had just tried. Not only that, he was holding a...
Side Items, Soups, & Salads Recipe Tutorials:
- Ask DJ Lyons: Constructing a Nutritious and Delicious Salad
This is a nutritious and delicious salad all ready to eat. The salad in the yellow bowl is for me. The salad in the purple bowl is for my husband. Get out the Spinach Lettuce from the refrigerator. ...
- Ask DJ Lyons: How to make Cream of Mushroom Soup taste like its homemade
This is a well-tested recipe that will demonstrate how you can turn canned Cream of Mushroom soup into a meal that tastes homemade. Not only that, if you are anything like my husband and me, this will be a...
- Ask DJ Lyons: A yummy Roasted Potato Recipe
Here are some yummy Roasted Potatoes all ready to eat. Below you will find the pictorial recipe tutorial so you can make them for yourself. You will need 1 tbsp of Basil leaves. Dump this into a...
Beverages Recipe Tutorials:
- Ask DJ Lyons: Make a Hazelnut Cappuccino
Using my Cocoa Latte Hot Drink Maker, I dearly love relaxing in the evening with a Hazelnut Cappuccino. Here is a pictorial guide of how to make one. Here is my Cappuccino maker called Cocoa Latte Hot Drink...
Breakfast Muffins & Other Grains Recipe Tutorials:
- Ask DJ Lyons: Grain options from the Food Pyramid
Allow me to introduce you to the imaginery Portion Control Inner Kid. As a professional storyteller, I love stories and parables. I also love analogies. They help me get a grasp on tough topics like nutrition,...
More by this Author
My husband and I unknowingly disturbed a Fire Ant nesting area. We ended up with Fire Ants crawling up our legs in masse.
Here is Grilled Steak all ready to eat. Side dishes include Roasted Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli. The top picture only has zero calorie buttery spray on the broccoli. That plate was for my husband. The bottom...
Are you suffering from thinning hair? Have you had a disease or condition that contributed to all of your hair falling out? Or have you gone through the type of chemo that made you start shedding hair? Finally, the...