Avocado Milkshake Recipe
Avocado is an evergreen fruit tree of the flowering plant family Lauraceae. Avocado is low in cholesterol and sodium. Also it is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin c, vitamin k and folate.
Avocado acts as a nutrient booster by enabling the body to absorb more vitamins such as carotenes and lutein. Below is the delicious avocado milkshake recipe.
- Milk - 1 cup 2%
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Avocado - 1 peeled, cut into small pieces
- Ice - 1 cup
How to make avocado milkshake recipe:
1. Mix avocado, milk, sugar and ice in a blender until smooth and creamy.
2. If you want the milkshake thicker, add little more milk and ice.
3. Mint colored avocado milkshake is ready to drink.
Try these healthy and fresh avocado on sandwiches, spreads, dip and toast in place of other foods to reduce your intake of cholesterol, calories, sodium and saturated fat.
Calories in avocado per ounce:
One ounce of avocado has just 50 calories and 4.5 grams of fat.
Reasons to eat avocado:
1. Avocado is a good source of monounsaturated fat and omega-3 fatty acids. Monounsaturated fat is a fatty acid that helps lower bad cholesterol and boosts HDL (good) cholesterol. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids that may help prevent heart disease.
2. It is a good source of antioxidants including vitamin E.
3. Avocado is also source of fiber, Vitamin K and folate.
4. Also it is a source of many essential minerals including potassium, magnesium, iron, thiamin, niacin, and manganese.
More by this Author
There are foods you should avoid during pregnancy. What foods you can't eat when pregnant? Here's is a list from raw meats to papayas that you should avoid during pregnancy.
Try these coffee milkshake recipes and you would enjoy the vanilla flavored coffee milkshake anytime during the day. Coffee milkshake are made with coffee ice cream or instant coffee, milk and vanilla extract. Try these...
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.