Deviled Eggs with Bacon Recipe
Is there any more prevalent Southern party food than deviled eggs? I don't think so - and for good reason. They taste frickin' AWESOME!
This is my little tweak on a classic. Don't avoid trying the hot sauce thing - you'll be amazed at the flavor difference and lack of heat both. And all together the flavors are just out of this world. Bombshell in a small package. Yes it is.
- Six hardboiled eggs
- 2 Tbl mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh minced chives
- 2 tsp crisp cooked bacon, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl hot sauce
- 1 Tbl crisp cooked bacon, minced
- fresh chives, to garnish
- In the bowl of a mixer on medium speed, whip together the egg yolks, cream cheese, mayonnaise, chives, salt, pepper and bacon. Mix until smooth. Place mixture in a plastic bag.
- Cut the corner from the bag, and pipe filling into the egg whites. Using a spoon dipped in water, make a tiny well in the filling of each egg. Fill well with hot sauce. Top with a pinch of bacon, and couple of small strands of chives. All done!
Visit the Website!
- The Thrillbilly Gourmet
Applying classic technique to everyday food for spectacular results!
More by this Author
Again we have a happy happenstance mon amis! My dearest Valued Readers - this lovely little lovely came about as the result of a visit from the Grainger County Tomato Fairy. Let me explain a bit - I live in East...
If you're anything like I am, then you look for an excuse to put mushrooms into anything possible. I've stuffed meats and other mushrooms with them, added them to soups, sauces, stocks and gravies, and used then as all...
This is how Southerners make perfect, moist, crunchy, tasty fried chicken.