Brown Sugar & Bacon Wrapped Lil' Smokies Recipe
Rate this recipe!
With only 3 ingredients, I can't think of a more sinful, rich appetizer. This decadent spin on lil smokie sausages will please just about any crowd. These make a great snack for football parties, tailgate parties, or for an excuse to combine bacon with sausage. Enjoy!
- 1 lb bacon, cut in thirds
- 1 14 oz package Lil' Smokies or other beef cocktail weenies
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Keep 1/3 of the bacon out and the other 2/3s in the refrigerator to keep it cold and firm to make wrapping easier. Wrap each weenie with 1 piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place each wrapped weenie on a baking sheet or in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the weenies.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the sugar is melted. Broil for 5-10 minutes if you like a little more carmelization.
- **Clean up Tip:** This will make a huge mess of your cookware, but Grease Lightning cleaner ALWAYS melts off the residue.
More by this Author
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...
No comments yet.