Bacon wrapped coca cola chicken
What you will need
Feeds 2 to 4
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of coca cola
1 small white onion chopped up
1 clove of garlic crushed
2 cups of chicken rub ( recipe down below)
8 thin slices of bacon... please make sure they are thin slices or they do not cook correctly.
Place the chicken breasts in a zip lock bag, and add the coca cola, onion, and garlic in the bag. Try to get as much air out as possible. Once this is complete place the bag in the fridge overnight.
When you are ready to cook the chicken preheat your smoker to 325 degrees.
Remove your chicken from the bag and put the rub on it and do not be skimpy with it. Next wrap the chicken with the bacon using toothpicks to secure it in place. Place your chicken in an aluminum baking pan ( I usually get these from a 99 cent store or dollar store). Next place your pan in your smoker and cook them for one hour or until their internal temp is 165 degrees.
Remove your chicken from your smoker apply your favorite sauce and let it rest for 10 minutes. Take out the toothpicks ans serve.
- 2/3 cup Chili powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 4 tablespoons Onion Powder
More by this Author
1) Girls blush a LOT when you pay them an unexpected compliment. I mean, if she's already expecting a compliment from you, it might not have the same effect. But if you surprise her with an unexpected compliment, things...