I had never even heard of baked avocado before making this, call me naive, if you will! However its rather a revelation - you may wonder what the baking adds to it, well it seems to make it more fleshy, meaty even. You can really taste the avocado and its smooth creamy texture.
I paired the avocado with a spicy prawn mixture, the spice was made from chilli, garlic, spring onions and a bit of sweet chilli sauce and hot pepper sauce! As you can tell I like my spice - but its up to you how hot or cool you make it. I love the super quick bake time of this, 8 minutes in all, if you want your avocado a bit softer, bake it for a bit longer. Once ready I splashed some lime juice on top to freshen it up again, if I'd had some I would have popped on some fresh coriander too. You cant beat that combination. This is a great starter that really sets you up for your main meal, or how about a light lunch.
- 2 Avocados, Halved
- 3 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
- 100grams Prawns
- 1 Red Chilli, thinly sliced
- Splash Hot Pepper Sauce
- Tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 3-4 Sprays LIght Spray Oil
- 3cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Spray pan and fry spring onion, chilli, garlic for 4 minutes. Add Prawns and Sweet Chilli Sauce fry for 2 more minutes.
- Set Prawn mixture aside, taste and splash in pepper sauce if want it hotter.
- Cut Avocados in half, remove stone, cut a small slice off the bottom of each half so that they will stand up. Put on baking tray or oven glass dish.
- Add Prawn mixture to Avocado. Bake for 8 minutes (longer if you want them softer).
- Once baked, splash on some lime and serve. Enjoy.