Baked French Toast Recipe with Fruit on the Bottom: Store Overnight or Freeze It
Baked French Toast with Peaches
Our customers enjoyed this French toast recipe with peaches. But, it works well with berries too! The version pictured uses thick Texas toast.
Entertaining does not get any easier than this. Make this breakfast entrée before you go to bed and enjoy it the next morning. (As always, make an extra tin to freeze and enjoy later.) You don't even need to pull out a bottle of syrup. Just drizzle the syrup from the bottom of the pan on top of each portion.
Ingredients for Baked French Toast
Before you begin assembly, gather and prepare the ingredients. The following directions will make one 9.5 x 13.5 baking dish with 6 servings. Double or triple the quantities listed to make additional tins of oven French toast to enjoy later.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter (Stick with 8 Tablespoons)
- 3 cups fruit, drained (we used two 15.25 oz. cans of sliced peaches)
- 9 slices bread (we used Texas toast)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash cinnamon
Assembly Instructions for Baked French Toast
Assemble Baked French Toast in a large baking dish or tin (approximately 9.5 x 13.5).
- Melt butter on stove-top over medium low heat.
- Add sugar and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread syrup mixture in the bottom of the baking dish or tin.
- Layer 3 cups of fruit over the bottom of the tin.
- Tear 3 pieces of bread into 5 or 6 pieces and layer on top of the fruit
- Layer 6 more whole bread slices in the tin, overlapping slices as necessary.
- Combine egg, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Evenly pour the egg mixture over the bread slices in the tin.
- Generously sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- See cooking directions below to enjoy this recipe now.
- Or make overnight French toast by covering and storing in the refrigerator.
- Wrap any tins you are going to freeze. Place lids on pans or encase with aluminum foil and then fully encase the covered pans in plastic wrap.
- Label with cooking directions.
- You're finished!
Steps 1 through 4 - Make the syrup and add the peaches.
Before it Goes in the Oven
Buy Cookbooks with Brunch Ideas at Amazon and Save
Print and Cut Directions
Baked French Toast with Fruit
Instructions: Thaw in refrigerator for approx. 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for approx. 23-30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Internal temperature should register 160F.
Serving Suggestions: Lift portion out with a spatula and invert. Drizzle syrup that remains in pan on top of the toast. Top with powdered sugar if desired.
More by this Author
A crab cake, that is in fact mostly crab meat and not a bunch of filler, is a delicacy to savor. This recipe uses saltines to complement the delicate crab with just a hint of Old Bay, onion and celery. It is not...
Make ahead and freeze quiche recipes and you will always have a special breakfast on hand. These quiche recipes freeze well and were a staple at our meal assembly store.
- 5Egg-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free Convenience Products Available in the Grocery Store: A Food Allergy Resource Guide
This product guide is for anyone who is allergic to egg, dairy and soy (and peanut too!) or for the people who love them and never know what to buy at the grocery store. Scroll down to see the table of...
Tips and Suggestions
Baked French toast makes any breakfast or brunch special. Consider these tips and suggestions:
- Assemble this recipe in small baking tins for single or small servings.
- Save money by using seasonal fruit.
- Save calories by using whole wheat or low-fat bread.
- Consume French toast that has beed frozen within 2 months of freezing for best quality.
- Defrost frozen Baked French toast in the refrigerator.