Baked Kale Chips
At the top of the ANDI chart, kale is a nutritious leafy green that we should all be eating more of. Growing kale is easy and if you have a vegetable garden that takes the winter off like ours does, plant some kale. These crispy kale 'chips' are even crunchy enough to satisfy my potato chip-addicted husband!
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: Serves 4 as a snack
- 6 to 8 Kale leaves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash the kale and then shake each leaf dry. Tear the kale into potato-chip-sized pieces, discarding the tough stems.
- Place a rack on a baking sheet, and arrange the kale on the rack so there is minimal overlap between pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over the kale pieces, and then sprinkle on the kosher salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check that all the pieces are crispy. If any of the pieces are still soft, rearrange slightly and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes.
More by this Author
The Yakima River is a popular river to float in the summer in eastern Washington. This Hub gives useful information about the float like where to stay, where to put in, and how to float the river safely.