Baked Potato Soup Recipe
This potato soup recipe is very easy to make. I do not call it baked potato soup because it uses baked potatoes, This soup is a traditional potato soup, but it is topped with the same toppings used on a baked potato so it tastes similar to a baked potato. The ingredients for the topping in this recipe are the most common baked potato toppings. If you like something else on your baked potato, feel free to use that instead.
4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Finely Chopped Onion
3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
6 Cups of Chicken Stock
1 Cup of Whole Milk
1 Cup of Heavy Cream
4 Large Peeled and Sliced Russet Potatoes
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire
Ingredients For Topping
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
6 Slices of Pan Fried Bacon
4 Tablespoons of Chopped Chives
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, milk, heavy cream, and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes. The potatoes should be soft.
- While the soup cooks, fry the bacon in a separate pan. When the bacon is done, place on paper towels to drain. Chop bacon into pieces.
- Remove the pot from heat. Puree the soup using an immersion blender. Leave some chunks of potato.
- Serve soup in a bowl. Top with cheese, sour cream, bacon and chives.
More by this Author
Flavio Ensiki via Flickr This is a recipe for an Oreo cheesecake, one of the quick easy desserts I like to to make. It is best to make this the day before, so that it has ample time to cool. If you are making it the...
Learn how to make great dirt cake!
Tom Landry coached the Dallas Cowboys from 1960-1988, winning two Super Bowls. He lead the Cowboys to 20 consecutive winnings seasons, a achievement unmatched by any other professional sports team. "A...